PDA

View Full Version : Rare Greg Howe soundfile

EricV
03-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Hi guys,

I recently got my hands on one of those "Guitars On The Edge" samplers, the one featuring Greg Howeīs demoversion of "Direct Injection" ( which was later re-recorded and released on "Introspection" )
Since the CD has been long out of print, and since itīs a low quality MP3, I figured itīd be ok to put up a short excerpt of that demo-version.
Itīs the guitar-solo, which is pretty similar to the album-version, but a bit different at the same time...
Hereīs the URL:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/eric/injection.mp3

The song is one of my favorite Howe-tunes, and the solo, to me, is pretty much amazing.
Check it out, and enjoy
Eric

EricV
03-20-2003, 09:43 PM
PS: Did I mention that Greg got in touch with me through his webmaster ? Obviously, he has read the "Greg Howe: A Profile" article, and it seems like he likes it.
Apparently, theyīre gonna link to the article from Gregīs official site soon...
Eric

metaljustice83
03-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the sound file, its downloading now and thats cool about the site contacting you about making a connection between his site and Ibreathemusic maybe that will get us some more people in here, that would be cool

metaljustice83
03-20-2003, 11:59 PM
dude his playing is crazzzzzyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snufeldin
03-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Oh my God,

Maybe we can get Greg Howe to write an article...

Come on Eric work your magic

metaljustice83
03-21-2003, 04:26 AM
that would be awesome!

EricV
03-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Iīll see what I can do, but I donīt think he has the time for that. He seems to prefer his privacy anyway, or maybe he is not too much a fan of the internet.
So I doubt itīll work out, but I asked the webmaster about it, and weīll see.
BTW, the first part of that "Direct Injection"-solo is tabbed out in the Greg Howe-article... you just gotta accelerate it to just below light-speed...
Eric

Oceano
03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
I have all of those Guitar on the edge samples, and I will check it out when I get home. At work, I can't access certain things.