PDA

View Full Version : Musician Classifieds in Canada... know any?

UnevenGround
04-07-2003, 07:58 PM
The topic title pretty much says it. I'm with a great band on the cusp of going pro. Sadly, we need a new bassist. I only know of two resources for Canadian musicians and they've both been fruitless.

If you know of any others, let me know.

J

PS. I apologize if I've broken any forum rules with this. I'm new.

Guni
04-09-2003, 12:03 PM
That's fine UnevenGround. I guess you already found this one: http://www.musicians-classifieds.com/canada/

Real great webdesign :rolleyes:

Guni

UnevenGround
04-09-2003, 01:20 PM
I think I've been there before, but thanks. The worst thing is that I'm looking for a GOOD bassist. Do they even exist??

Thanks again for the link though.

J

Guni
04-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Good question!!! :D

There are great bass players out there believe it or not. It's just damn hard to find 'em and if then they are all very busy.

During my first year at Berklee I was seriously considering switching to bass :p, as these guys were incredible busy and everybody asked them to play sessions and gigs....

Well, good luck with your search.

Guni

Oceano
04-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Try Now, Eye, and Exclaim magazine classifieds.
Also, I don't know where you live, but if you are close to Toronto, take a trip to some of the major rehearsal places, and put up some posters in their bulletin boards. The rehearsal Factory South (Queen and Bathurst) is a good place, and all kinds of great bands use, or used that place at some point.

UnevenGround
04-09-2003, 02:52 PM
That's a good idea. I'm about 2 hours from Toronto, but our singer is in K/W and that's fairly close.

I'll check into those mags too.

Thanks for the tips. I'll take any suggestions you've got.

J

Oceano
04-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I don't know what type of music your band plays, but I used to be very involved in the Toronto/Canadian metal/heavy music scene with my own band, and there are a lot of very good musicians in this scene, and a lot of times, they make their way from band to band. The best place to meet other musicians, is at shows, as a big part of the audience tend to also play, have their own projects, etc.