PDA

View Full Version : Trying to start a band..and I already have a probldem....

Carvinite
10-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, Im in college and I'm trying to start a band....Im not having alot of luck finding quality talent that I want to take on stage...But I found this one guy, he is totally non-egotistical, and one of the best writer's (lyrics) that I have came across in a long time, the problem is that he wants to sing....Well, he calls it singing....It's more like rapping with a melody, which is cool...sometimes....BUT I have a very set sound in my head, and I don't think that style is right ALL the time....And he can't sing really great, what should I do? Ill elaborate more later, I have a mid-term to go take....

Later,
Ryan

joeyd929
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Long live the FED EX driver!!!

Michael. A
10-30-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm in the same situation. But I think a band kinda developing its own style isn't just down to one person in the end unless you just tell them to do what you want. I doubt anyone could put up with that for a long time.

Austin
10-30-2006, 06:44 PM
everyone has to deal with this. just get over it, it takes a lot of time to find the right people for a band

Malcolm
10-30-2006, 07:04 PM
It's your band/business -- would you hire him for your business? Think of it that way. Perhaps not as a performer, but would you like to use him as a lyricists? If so level with him and hammer out some arrangement of how you two can work together.

Carvinite
10-31-2006, 03:26 AM
Yea, I understand what you mean, I have said that to him.......But he really wants to be a part of the music, and he plays a little guitar....I think im gonna see where the style goes from here....Im still not sure though....