PDA

View Full Version : Online sightreading lessons

Bande
11-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi there!

Iīve done a search in the forums but somehow I couldnīt find what I needed.

Do you know any good online (free) sight reading lessons? Iīm a beginner in this topic, so Iīm looking for some lessons that start from the beginning and get more and more advanced gradually. Does any of you guys know any good links? I donīt have the money the buy a book about the topic so thatīs why i am looking for a free online thing!

Thanks in advance!

joeyd929
11-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi there!

Iīve done a search in the forums but somehow I couldnīt find what I needed.

Do you know any good online (free) sight reading lessons? Iīm a beginner in this topic, so Iīm looking for some lessons that start from the beginning and get more and more advanced gradually. Does any of you guys know any good links? I donīt have the money the buy a book about the topic so thatīs why i am looking for a free online thing!

Thanks in advance!

Try Teoria.. www.teoria.com (http://www.teoria.com)

There are some interactive tutorials that cover intervals and chords and notes. You want to sight read for guitar, right?

One exercise shows the note and you pick the name, it gets you used to the notes, but the fun is learning where they are on the guitar.

This takes time to learn and it depends how much time you spend on it. There are shortcuts, for instance, learn how to recognize two note intervals on the spot.

If you see a G and D, you know it is a 5th interval, and I think most people know the general shape of a two string 5th interval although there are other variations on this interval.

good luck