PDA

View Full Version : Now playing

Oceano
05-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Al Di Meola : Cielo and Terra. I love this album.

The Hellecasters: Escape from Hollywood, and The return of. Great telecaster shred.

EricV
05-07-2003, 03:53 PM
NP: Scott Henderson- Well To The Bone ( great guitar sounds, cool vibe... )

Oceano
05-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Is that one of his bluesier albums?

EricV
05-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Itīs his most recent release. Yeah, itīs kinda bluesy, but a bit more outside than "Dog Party" or the other blues-release... some Hendrix-vibe on this one, too
Check it out, some awesome sounds on this one. You can hear some previews at Amazon
Eric

Wyll_Watts
05-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day
Tony Rice - California Autumn
Tool - Undertow
David Grisman/Martin Taylor - Tone Poems 2

Bizarro
05-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Van Halen II - very raw!
New Grass Revival - When the Storm is Over - new to me, very interesting bluegrass style

Oceano
05-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Steve Mose Band- "The introduction"

Sometimes when I start thinking that I am hot s**t (in terms of guitar playing), there are certain albums by certain players that I put on to bring me back down to earth again. Today I picked this one.

Bulgarian women's Choir- "Tour 93"

Just beautiful, can't understand a word, but can feel the emotion. Vocal music is my favourite thing to listen to, but thank god I am a bad singer (I sound like Leonard Cohen, whose music I like very much), or else I probably would have never picked up a guitar.

At The Gates- "Slaughter of the Soul"

Oh yeah, need to listen to this album at least once a week or so. Beautiful metal.

Daimonion
05-14-2003, 08:02 AM
this week's rotation:

*Candy Dulfer- For the Love of You (stealing some sax ideas for guitars... :D )

*Steve Morse Band- Split-second Decision

*1349- Liberation (behold, another black metal band from Norway... but good drumming here, top notch)

*The Haunted- One Kill Wonder (ex-members of At The Gates... )

Greg
05-14-2003, 09:59 AM
NP: Kiss - lick it up (YEAH MAN!)

EricV
05-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Iīve found myself listening a lot to "Perspective" by Jason Becker again lately.
This album is sooooo frickinī beautiful. Absolutely stunning. "End Of The Beginning" is amazing ( great guitar-work by Michael Lee Firkins ), "Higher" just is unbelievable, almost divine, "Empire"... amazing stuff by an amazing human being...
Eric

Greg
05-14-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm just listening to Spock's beard for the first time, what can I say, fantastic music, great musicians! I really dig this band!! "The great nothing" is an amazing song! They have the coolest keyboadplayer!

Oceano
05-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Hannibal soundtrack (by Hans Zimmer), great dark compositions.

Last man standing soundtrack (by Ry Cooder), great tasty stuff, and the sound of the bass saxophone is amazing.

Frankie's house soundtrack (by Jeff Beck and some other guy), a lot of people hate this album, but I like it.

Moonspell "Wolfheart", one of the best dark/gothic/metal albums of all time.

Sentinel
05-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Lately I've been listening to Dream Theater's 'Images and Words'.

Thorsten
05-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Gary Numan-"Cars"

CaptainCarma
05-14-2003, 10:00 PM
mario neunkirchen - "happiness"

( whole record just guitar, no band, just beautiful in most cases acoustic songs. definately touches my heart and soul )

Danster
05-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Muddy Waters - You're (sic) Hoochie Coochie Mans (sic) Goin' Home.

I don't know why but old blues just feels like a warm blanket to me these days.

Originally posted by Greg
NP: Kiss - lick it up (YEAH MAN!)

I don't know what everyone sees in KISS, but I do love that particular song... and it is sooooo easy to play.

metallibeast
05-15-2003, 02:04 AM
What's up?

Me checking out

John McLaughlin: The Heart Of Things; Live in Paris

Wes Montgomery: Wes Montgomery's finest hour

-Beast

Greg
05-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Danster
I don't know what everyone sees in KISS, but I do love that particular song... and it is sooooo easy to play. ;) The reason why I like this song is that it brings back alot of old memories...

NP: Freak Kitchen - Move

Oceano
05-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Rainbow- "Long live rock n' roll"

Amazing album, "Gates of Babylon" has to be one of the best "harmonic minor songs" in the metal/hard rock world.

Scorpions- "Blackout"

Masterpiece, not a bad song.

Muddy Waters- "Folk singer"

Simple, raw, and honest blues.

The Bash
05-15-2003, 04:50 PM
"Long Live Rockn Roll" Great Choice :)
I really dig Lady of the Lake.

Spock's Beard- I'm imprssed anyone actually heard of them :)
Great Band. Actually they got 2 keyboard players as Neil Morse (the orginal singer) plays some of the keys as well.
You ever heard the Good Don't Last.
"We could of had give"
"We could of had take"
"We could of made anything we wanted to make"
"So we made Wheel of Fourtune"
"And allthe Poupular Songs"
"We make a land where crap is king"
"and the Good Don't Last too long"

I mean how can ya not like that.
You might wanna check out Transatlantic is ya dig Spock's Beard.

Kiss- Well, Kiss like Ac/Dc is a great way to pack the dance floor.
Play the opening riff to Duce or Hiway to Hell and Boom.
It's just fun in your face pure and innocent Rock n Roll.

NP- Queen- Sheer Heart Attack-

Oceano
05-15-2003, 05:31 PM
I love "Lady of the lake" too, that whole album is amazing. For me the first 3 Rainbow albums are amazing.

Greg
05-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by The Bash
Spock's Beard- I'm imprssed anyone actually heard of them :)
Great Band. Actually they got 2 keyboard players as Neil Morse (the orginal singer) plays some of the keys as well.
Yeah, he's amazing! I mean, I first saw him play the keys, and I thought "he's good", then he started singing, "ok, he's really good", then he played some really cool lines on a guitar, and I though "screw this, I'm going to bed!" :) I saw some backstage scenes on their DVD where he and his brother Al (the lead guitar player) played together on the same guitar, that was a good laugh!

Originally posted by The Bash
You ever heard the Good Don't Last.No, I don't think so, but I shure do like the lyrics you posted. I need to check out all of their albums...

NP: Howard Jones - things can only get better (what the... :eek: !?)

potshot
05-16-2003, 04:30 AM
You guys know Neil quit the band, right? It's sad to see, he's really talented. I prefer the heavier stuff, but I can certainly see that he's talented - playing keys, guitar, singing and writing songs, all of which he's good at.

He's playing a Beatles cover concert with Mike Portnoy and a couple of others I can't remember, the band name is Yellow Matter Custard. I think it's a once off, in the US somewhere (I don't pay too much attention, because they don't come anywhere near Sydney).

NP: Pain of Salvation: Used (The Perfect Element)

Greg
05-16-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by potshot
You guys know Neil quit the band, right?No, I didn't, thats too bad. He is indeed really talented.

Aaah... Pain of Salvation, good old swedish folk music :D

Oceano
05-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Mike Oldfield- "The complete", very underated guitar player, probably because he also plays so many other instruments.

Deep Purple- "Live and Rare", have to love 30 minute plus songs/jams by this band.

Dead can Dance- "The serpent's egg", one of my favourite groups ever.

potshot
05-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Greg
No, I didn't, thats too bad. He is indeed really talented.

Aaah... Pain of Salvation, good old swedish folk music :D

Neil's departure was astounding to say the least. I couldn't find it anywhere on the web, but he wrote a great big letter explaining it. Basically he says he quit because God told him that he had another direction in mind for him, and told him to quit the band...

Which is why the Yellow Matter Custard show is something special, because it seems like Neil won't be doing much music now..

And Pain of Salvation are truly brilliant, IMHO :D

Greg
05-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Well if God tells him to quit music to be a plumber or something I'll be VERY upset! :)

Greg
05-16-2003, 01:43 PM
...not that there's anything wrong with being a plumber... ;)

Thorsten
05-16-2003, 02:07 PM
As far as I know Paul Gilbert plays with Yellow Matter Custard. I think he still knows all the Beatles songs from his days with The Electric Fence(Paulīs fun cover band when he was playing in Mr.Big)

TK

EricV
05-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Yup, YMC is Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse ( Ex- Spockīs Beard ), Matt Bissonette and Paul Gilbert...
Eric

icecakes
05-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Blade Runner Soundtrack

There are some very haunting tunes on this. I found myself balling my eyes out during one tune....extremely emotional..

I ask you.. have you ever exterminated a human by accident?

~Rose

Oceano
05-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Adrian Legg- Guitar bones.

His new album. Great playing, great pieces. A simpler album than his last few records, but very moving.

Koala
05-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Buckethead - COLMA i think everyone should check this one out. Better known for his acid shredding, this acoustic album is a treasure. Check it out.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - DOes this one ever go out of rotation??

Thorsten
05-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Hello Rose, great you mentioned Blade Runner since itīs my favourite movie of all time not least because of the awesome soundtrack by Vangelis...very emotional indeed!

I have the soundtrack myself but hardly listen to it cause it really overwhelms me everytime I hear it. Great choice!

TK

NP: Marty Friedman"Music for Speeding"

The Bash
05-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Steve Morse- Coast to Coast
Frank Zappa- The Yellow Shark
Rush- Moving Pictures
Rainbow- Live on Stage
LA Guns- Cocked N Loaded

All at the Same Time :)
Sure is intresting.

Oceano
05-21-2003, 06:14 PM
I didn't know Marty Friedman's new album was out yet.

How is it?

Thorsten
05-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Martyīs new album really rocks. Not metal but a lot of uptempo stuff on there combined with unusual sounds and loops. Kind of a fusion between techno and rock but with Martyīs awesome licks. He really shreds a lot on there and thereīs some nice ballads.
Like the title says...itīs really great for speeding down the highway!

TK

metallibeast
05-22-2003, 03:31 PM
What's up?

Been going through my collection and checking out some of the older sh*t:

Black Sabbath:Paranoid
Sepultura:Chaos AD, Roots
Dream Theater: Images & Words, When Dream & Day Unite
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of The Moon
Led Zepplin:Stairway to Heaven ablum
Eric Clapton:Unplugged ablum

Since there has been quite a bit of talk on Buckethead and I checked out couple of mp3s...I've decided to buy the Colma and Electric Tears ablum :-) btw when I was at the Magna Carta site...they said that Mr. Steve Morse has finished his Major Impacts II ablum and is gonna be released soon :-)

-Beast

shred4Him
05-22-2003, 03:59 PM
The ones that get the most play from me are

#1- Andy Timmons Ear X-Tacy2...GREAT DISC. GREAT PLAYER
Satraini- Crystal Planet
Extreme- III Sides To every Story
Keith Miller- Groove Train

Oceano
05-22-2003, 04:34 PM
The Police - Greatest hits, great stuff.

Jeff Beck- "Who else"& "You had it coming", what a stylist, and inspiration.

icecakes
05-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Marc O'Conner

From Which the Stone or Arch or Something or Other was Made...

I love when I have to listen real hard to decifer what Im hearing.. the guitar? or the violin? simply amazing! Like I play a game with myself.
I get such a kick out of being with friends that are just avid music likers. Most of them hear only the lyrics. When Im around Im always saying did u hear that? Listen again, then I rewind and play it again and they are just looking at me like Im completely nuts.
I love music :D

~Me

Wyll_Watts
05-23-2003, 01:21 AM
O'Conner certainly plays some great music.. a master of both acoustic guitar and violin.. Have you ever seen him live? I caught a Tony Rice Unit show he was playing at and he is deffinately very smooth and relaxed at all speeds.. Great stuff.. he reminds me of sort of a modern Stephan Grappelli...

N.P.: Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy
Shawn Lane - Tritone Facination
In Flames - The Jester Race
David Grisman Quintet - DGQ 20
Wyll

icecakes
05-23-2003, 01:42 AM
Have you ever seen him live

Hey,
No I have not ever seen him live but I did get to see him on a vid playing with the Dregs on some wacko show called Uncle Floyd .
He is a GIANT..he had on a cut off tee like a mid drift and I asked my friend what's with that tee? and then I was told he is gay..(not that there is anything wrong with that ) for all u Seinfeld lovers..
~Rose

Wyll_Watts
05-23-2003, 02:26 AM
Yeah, Mark certainly is a giant.. Have you checked out some of the ealier stuff like Pickin In the Wind? that stuff blows me away.. and when he was sitting in with the David Grisman Quintet playing all these cool guitar parts one minute and then just shredding fiddle to a Hot Club style tune.. his stuff with Yo Yo Ma was pretty good, but then he released that Hot Swing cd.. and wow, it was like Django and Stephan were back! anyways..

Wyll

Daimonion
05-24-2003, 12:39 AM
my rotation this week:

*Racer X- Getting Heavier
*Satyricon- Ten Horns, Ten Diadems

Danster
05-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Listenin' to John Lee Hooker, Albert Collins, Muddy Waters, Jonny Lang, and Alligator Records 20th Anniversary Collection.

The Bash
05-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Last few days:

Aerosmith- Rocks
Robin Trower -Live
Tommy Bolin- Best of
Blue Murder- Blue Murder
Frank Zappa- Grand Wazoo/ Live at the Roxy and Elsewhere
Alice N Chains- Dirt
Kansas- Masque
Yes- The Yes Album

EricV
05-27-2003, 06:35 PM
This week, I seem to listen to these albums a lot:

Blade Runner OST ( Rose, Thorsten, thanks for the recommendation, it indeed is a great album, and it brings back some memories of the time when I watched the movie )

Michael Hedges- Torched

Buckethead- Electric Tears

Andy Timmons - That Was Then, This Is Now ( awesome... the best tracks from Ear-X-Tacy 1 & 2, plus 4 REALLY cool new tracks )

Eric

Oceano
05-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Underground movie soundtrackby Goran Bregovic. It's kind of hard to not to dance when this stuff is on.

The Doors, best of.

Thorsten
05-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Marilyn Manson-The Golden Age Of Grotesque

Placebo-Sleeping With Ghosts

Turbonegro-Get it on(Track)

The White Stripes-Seven Nation Army(Track)

CaptainCarma
05-27-2003, 10:02 PM
this weeks power - rotation:

toto - "kingdom of desire" - my every all time favourite "rock" record.

richie kotzen - "what is" - how can a single person be so f***īing creative? and this voice!!! creates pure, multiple aural orgasms.

lighthouse - "no name face"

carl verheyen - "slang justice" - one of the, in my opinion, most underrated guitarplayers.

metaljustice83
05-28-2003, 12:42 AM
thorsten how is the new marilyn manson album??

EricV
05-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCarma
toto - "kingdom of desire" - my every all time favourite "rock" record.

Wanted to comment on those three...
That Toto-album is IMHO extremely underrated. AFAIK, a lot of Toto-fans donīt like that one, since itīs heavier than the other Toto-albums. I LOVE this album... great tunes, cool vocals, GREAT guitarwork by Lukather ( "Gypsy Train" !!! I love the end of it... that high note with the echo at the very end... )... great stuff
I also love the "Absolutely Live" album that was released next...

richie kotzen - "what is" - how can a single person be so f***īing creative? and this voice!!!

Another awesome album full of wonderful songs. I have been a RK-fan for years, of both his early stuff ( Electric Joy ) and his more recent albums. This one has so many awesome songs, and the vocals are great. "Strength" is a weird track, but I love it... One of the coolest singers I ever heard...

carl verheyen - "slang justice" - one of the, in my opinion, most underrated guitarplayers.

Gotta agree. Very underrated player. The album is great.

Eric

Oceano
05-28-2003, 11:58 AM
The White Stripes- Elephant.

Great rock record. Straight and to the point. They manage to rip off the old greats with a lot of class, and it comes out sounding fresh.

Moby- Play. Nice morning music.

Adrian Legg- Guitar for Mortals, I listen to this album a couple of times a week (for some years now). Never got sick of it. To me, it is one of the best guitar albums ever. Amazing playing, amazing pieces.

CaptainCarma
05-28-2003, 01:27 PM
to eric,

thanks for your quotes to the mentioned records.
I just want to add some more thoughts about īem.

just like you wrote, even under musicians these records or even those artists are completely underrated.

"kingdom of desire" gots really EVERYTHING a good rockrecord need. great, soulful, powerfull songs ( the first time I listened to "how many times", I was completely blown away ), unbelievable guitarwork ( ok, this might not be extra mentioned, īcause everyone knows the abilities of luke ), GREAT lead vocals by luke ( imho the best vocalist they ever had ) and those typical toto-ish choirs during the choruses ( canīt create another superlative to descibe the effect it creates when I listen to it ).
"2 hearts" - thatīs just how a guitar definately HAS to be played for a powerballad. man I just canīt stop...

"what is" not a lot of the musicians that I had the chance to talk to know this guy named richie kotzen. those who, just know his shred work. he sure got huge chops, BUT he is so damnīmore. VOICE, VOICE, VOICE, great songwriting abilities ( the title track is another of my eatfs ) and the ability to reduce his guitarplaying to what is needed to enhance the overall athmosphere given by the song. every more or less serious musician should spend some time listening to this guy.

carl verheyen...
I do own "slang justice" and the more vocalsong orientated "slingshot". great tone, great songs, great chops, good voice... why does nearly no-one recognise him?

btw. are you ( eric ) going to visit one of totoīs gigs, next month?

EricV
05-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Hey there,

oops, didnīt even know theyīre on tour... but nope, I donīt think Iīll have a chance to get to one of their shows, next month Iīm gonna be really busy and there hardly will be enough time for something like that.
I might have to pass on Deep Purple as well :(

Yeah... "Two Hearts"... great leads. Didnīt surprise me though, Luke has played on so many records and really played some awesome ballad- and "pop"-solobreaks, great, melodic stuff...

Didnīt he also play the solo in "Dancing On The Ceiling" by Lionel Ritchie? Thatīs a killer-pop solo...

What always cracks me up is when some guys are like "Dude, Luke played guitar on that Van Halen-album ( For Unlawful... ), it says so in his discography"... they obviously donīt know that Luke ainīt playing on it, heīs singing backing vocals :)

Maybe we should turn this into a new thread, cuz Luke sure deserves it :)

Eric

shred4Him
05-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Lately, a lot of King's X. Mostly earlier stuff from the first 5 discs. Tabor is such a great and underrated guitarist. Great vocal harmonies, grooves, solos. They are the total package. Tabor has a very unique tone and style.

CaptainCarma
05-28-2003, 04:20 PM
right, eric.

new thread will be started "right now".
see you there with some new info about luke and toto.

Thorsten
05-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by metaljustice83
thorsten how is the new marilyn manson album??

It pretty damn ROCKS!!! Hard to describe...itīs typical Manson but heīs trying to sing a bit more on this one.
I really dig Manson. I think a lot of people see him only as this shock-rock hype thing but the music is very clever, great production and his videos are just amazing. Heīs a real artist!

I think he keeps up (or brings back) what Rockīn Roll was originally ment to be...thatīs rebellious, provocative and generally going against society!

Also his guitar player John5 is extraordinary!

TK

EricV
05-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Also his guitar player John5 is extraordinary!

I heard of that... and he also played on the album that David Lee Roth released in 1998. I heard he did a decent job on that one, too
Eric

Thorsten
05-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Yep, thatīs right... gotta hear his playing on Rob Halfordīs "Two" project...really out there!

TK

Wyll_Watts
05-29-2003, 01:29 AM
on the new Manson album.. does anyone else get the impression he's having more fun this time? the last album felt a bit forced and not quite as expressive as Manson usually is.. anyways, the new album has been a refreshing listen, sounds like he really loves what he's doing...

Wyll

Thorsten
05-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Yeah it sounds fresh...He says itīs his best album yet but I guess you say that about every new album, donīt ya? I think the new bass player ads a lot to the record. I mean Twiggy was cool and long time partner in crime with Manson and they wrote a lot of classic Manson hits but he wasnīt the greatest player on earth;) The band sounds really tight this time...

TK

CaptainCarma
05-29-2003, 12:14 PM
thatīs right, his real name is john lowery. and there was another popular thing he was involved. but, hmm, just forgot what it was...

Oceano
05-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Just some blues compilations, mostly guitar based.

The Bash
05-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Last few days:

Dixie Dregs: Live at King Biscuit
Frank Zappa: Live-Halloween 1981
King Crimson: Red
Triumph: Live at King Biscuit
Trapeze: Best of Trapeze
Beatles: Revolver and Rubber Soul (my 2 personal favs)
Steve Vai: Passion and Warefare

CaptainCarma
06-03-2003, 10:52 AM
this weekīs rotation:

Brings - "hexīn sex", "zwei zoote minsche", "glaube, liebe, hoffnung", "fünf" and "fünf, live"...

none of you will know this cologne based band, but I do love `em.
everytime I come back home after a journey, I do have to listen to those records... just to know, that Iīm back to where I belong.

Greg
06-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Planet X - "Live from Oz" (Tony MacAlpine does a decent job there...)
Steve Vai - "Sex and religion" (really cool songs on this one)
Mike Stern - "Is what it is" (tone, tone, tone!)

The Bash
06-05-2003, 06:28 PM
My father's Day present a 3 disc Santana collection.
Not sure where the tunes came from (was released by a low budget company) and it's called greatest hits yet outside of Soul Scarifice I never heard of most the tunes :)
There'e mostly extened Jams and things but Very Cool.
Second Cds Called Simply JAM and well that's what it is.
I think he paid like 9 bucks for it.
I reccomend anyone who's into Carlos to check it out '
very cool and Cheap :)

The Bash
06-05-2003, 06:30 PM
BTW Steve Vai- Sex and Religon
Love that CD

metaljustice83
06-05-2003, 11:17 PM
St. ANGER!!!!!!

Oceano
06-10-2003, 05:51 PM
The real thing.

Angel Dust.

Album of the year.

One of my favourite bands of all time. Love them, as they never comprimised. Too bad they broke up.

Dave
06-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Paul Gilbert's "Tribute to Jimi Hendrix"

Paul says, "every lick I know" is on the CD...

Great bluesy shred...

metaljustice83
06-11-2003, 12:02 AM
I've never had a bad album by manson, but I don't have em all

metaljustice83
06-11-2003, 12:04 AM
oh and oddly enough, something I though I'd never listen to, STYX, catchy stuff, good guitar playin, nothin like PG satch or vai or anything but, cool stuff

Oceano
06-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Queens of the stone age: Songs for the deaf. Great rock album.

Kreator: Extreme agression. Some great old school thrash metal.

David Darling: cello. Need something mellow too.

moow
06-12-2003, 09:43 AM
metallica - st anger.

EricV
06-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Evanescence- Fallen

This one has been released months ago, and I heard that some of the songs got a bunch of airplay, but I just got this CD, and I love it !
Great voice, some really awesome hooks, and the guitar-work is cool, too.

Danster
06-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Eric Johnson - Ah via musicom (or whatever it is). I'm still trying to like this guy. Seems a lot of the guitarists' guitarists just don't do anything for me. Having said that, I most certainly do respect his abilities.

Led Zeppelin - early albums. Now these guys I keep on getting into more and more. I don't know why it took me so long.

John Lee Hooker - Plays and Sings the Blues. Sometimes these old blues guys take me away, and other times, they have me wondering how the heck they became so famous. I think its like szulc says, the feel and compassion is more important than technical prowess.

Hey Oceano, I gave away my Queens of the Stone Age CD. I'm a little surprised at all the hullabaloo surrounding them. Just not my cup o' tea I guess.

metaljustice83
06-13-2003, 03:19 AM
queens of the stone age, very very very cool band, at least what I've seen/heard of them They have thier own style in my opinion

Entropy
06-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Rob Halford's "Crucible"
Opeth's "Damnation"
The soundtrack to the movie Chicago
The first disk of the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack

Oceano
06-19-2003, 12:33 PM
I was realy into Kyuss before, and Queens of the Stone Age are almost like a progression of that.

Just great stipped down rock.

Oceano
06-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Radiohead : Hail to the thief

It's an ok progressive rock/pop album, but I don't understand why so many people just praise everything these guys do like it's some kind of groundbreaking never heard before type stuff.

Starsailor: good souls (demos)

Like the demo versions better than the album, they are more stripped down and simple. I can't understand why these guys are not bigger.

Jimi
11-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Virgil Donati - Just Add Water. Great fusion oriented album, with many improvisation, features incredible musicians: Virgil Donati - drums, Scott Henderson - guitar, Ricc Fierabbracci - bass. Highly recommended for all! :D

The Bash
11-21-2003, 08:05 AM
Focus- Moving Waves
Yes- Close to the Edge
King Crimson- Starless and Bible Black
Frank Zappa- One Size Fits All
Steve Vai- Alive in a Ultra World
Ozzy- Diary of a Madman

flathead
11-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Lately Bob Seger. I'm probably biased because he's from my area, but IMO he's vastly underrated and underappreciated. He's one of the few people who write lyrics that touch me in some way. 'Like a rock' 'Roll me away' 'Against the wind' 'Brave strangers' 'Hollywood nights' etc etc etc I'll never get sick of listening to him.

The Bash
11-27-2003, 05:10 AM
SRV- Texas Flood
Mountain- Best of
Rainbow- Live on Stage
Yes- Relayer
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Van Halen- Van Halen I

french_miracle
11-28-2003, 09:22 PM
DT - Train of Thoughts
Neal Morse - Testimony