PDA

View Full Version : Santa will bring a keyboard IF I tell him which one.

Malcolm
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
So........ in the $200 area - which one . I play guitar - mostly acoustic rhythm with some scale/mode/licks improv at home. Can read standard notation and play from standard notation on my guitar.

Would like to work up an instrumental solo for some of the songs we (our band) play, store them in memory - lighted keyboard notes would help or better still have the score appear on a readout screen.

Keyboard in a Country band - what else do I need? And of course the make and model number will help Santa get the right one.

Looking real hard at the Casio CTK-900 61 key portable.

Thanks for your help.

Malcolm
12-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Santa brought a Yamaha PSR-E403/YPT400

Should keep me busy for the next few years. :p

DuB
12-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Not familiar with that model, but Yamaha is supposed to make good keyboards. Nice ;).

joeyd929
12-27-2007, 05:07 PM
So........ in the $200 area - which one . I play guitar - mostly acoustic rhythm with some scale/mode/licks improv at home. Can read standard notation and play from standard notation on my guitar.

Would like to work up an instrumental solo for some of the songs we (our band) play, store them in memory - lighted keyboard notes would help or better still have the score appear on a readout screen.

Keyboard in a Country band - what else do I need? And of course the make and model number will help Santa get the right one.

Looking real hard at the Casio CTK-900 61 key portable.

Thanks for your help.

I had a Casio CTK-671 that ran me about 200 dollars. It was great for the money. If you go to the web myspace link I have posted below you can hear the Casio's organ sound if you listen to the song on my page called "Keyboard funk".

If you listen to "Just like walt" it has an excellent fender rhodes sound. Like an idiot I sold the darn thing...

Marlbhoro
02-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I started on a PSR-E403 and still use it on my second tier for sequencing, its an AMAZING starter keyboard, and looks alot cooler than all the casio's out there...