PDA

View Full Version : Berklee College of Music

NMucci
05-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Hello everyone,
I've been looking into going to the Berklee College of Music. I was wanting people's opinions on the school and if they think it's a place worth going. I know it's expensive too. Thanks.

Doug McMullen
05-19-2003, 01:33 AM
I'm not an alum... but I know quite a few alums. "Worth" going to? If any music school is worth going to then Berklee is worth going to... I don't think anyone says that Berklee is a second rate school.... it's the top of line modern music school... for classical there's Juillard... and for jazz there's Berklee... It's a great difficult demanding school... a lot of very good, very famous musicians are Berklee grads, in fact a lot of very good very famous musicians are Berklee drop outs. Seriously... A LOT of people seem to have gone there _given up_ and still done pretty well... It is a difficult program apparently! The people I know who went there describe it as _very_ competitive and intense. Bottomline, Berklee is a very respected name in music education... if you've got the opportunity to go there: I'm jealous.

Doug.

metaljustice83
05-19-2003, 01:48 AM
....word!

potshot
05-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Didn't Petrucci and Portnoy go to Berklee, then drop out to do the band thing?

I'm thankful they did!

metaljustice83
05-19-2003, 03:27 PM
I think so

metallibeast
05-19-2003, 03:45 PM
What's up?

Actually the original members of Dream Theater are all from Berklee. Petrucci and Myung studied in the same high school than went to Berklee and meet up w/Portnoy and than keyboardist Kevin Moore.

-Beast