PDA

View Full Version : Major Impacts II - Steve Morse

jchalas
05-24-2003, 03:49 AM
Thought some of you might find this of interest... :-)
Janice

Here's what Magna Carta says.

Update! Steve Morse just recently completed recording his new album,
Major Impacts II, tentatively scheduled for an August release through
Magna Carta. Steve carries on the theme of Major Impacts, touching on
ELP, Crosby Stills & Nash, The Who, Aerosmith, Genesis, ZZ Top, The
Yardbirds and more, along with nods to Bach, Celtic, Cajun, and
Country & Western.

The Bash
05-24-2003, 07:49 AM
C,S,N &Y outta be intresting.
I'm thinking very cool guitar harmonies :)
or something down and out that resembles
Almost Cut my Hair
Can't get much door down and out than that.
Must been cause I had the flue for Xmas :)

Anyway, sure to be cool.
I really liked the first one, but then again I'd proably like listening to Steve drop his guitar on his foot. He'd proably do it so fast clean and melodic.

EricV
05-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Hey Bash,

did you see the video ( "An Update From Steve" ) at his official website ? Its pretty cool ( Thanks for telling me about it, Janice )
It shows Steve sitting in his studio, talking about MI 2, playing some examples, both live on the guitar and some of the recordings on his computer. Itīs pretty cool...
Eric

The Bash
05-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey Eric, thnxs I gotta go check that out.
I musta got distracted by the sheet music last time I was there or else it's new in last few weeks.

jchalas
05-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Eric,
Yes, that news item was courtesy of another Steve Morse mailing list member. Sharing Steve-related info is something we seem to be good at.
Always a pleasure.:p
Janice

Hey Bash,

did you see the video ( "An Update From Steve" ) at his official website ? Its pretty cool ( Thanks for telling me about it, Janice )
It shows Steve sitting in his studio, talking about MI 2, playing some examples, both live on the guitar and some of the recordings on his computer. Itīs pretty cool...
Eric

Wyll_Watts
05-25-2003, 03:49 AM
Hey guys..

I'm not that up to date on Steve Morse and his works so I thought you might be able to give some insight on a random piece of trivia.. There is a guitar player named Richard Bennett known for his bluegrass, country, and folk stylings, quite a monster acoustic shredder.. anyways, someone told me he was playing guitar with Steve Morse live in recent years, I think they were implying that he was playing acoustic.... but I dunno.. have any of you heard of Richard or any kind of involvement with Steve?

Wyll

jchalas
05-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Wyll,

I have not heard of this but I'll see what I can find out.

Janice