PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting Lessons!!!!!!

metaljustice83
06-05-2003, 03:40 AM
the guy I'm taking lessons from is a theory guru (is that spelled right??) but hopefully I'll learn alot, theory is not my strong department, I can get technique down, if I just sit down and work on it, but I need help with a lot of stuff, just reading it doesn't always do it for me, I need someone to show me. but I'll still be here at I breathe, I learn alot here, and try to help too.

Just thought I'd share my excitement

Koala
06-05-2003, 04:06 AM
GOOD LUCK METAL! DONT FORGET ABOUT US MORTALS ONCE YOURE A GURU YOURSELF!

metaljustice83
06-05-2003, 05:33 AM
heh heh thx, no way will I know everything

Bongo Boy
06-07-2003, 02:25 AM
I like to hear from folks who have started lessons, so please share with us how things go, what you start out with, what the instructor's general style of interaction is, etc.

How did you select this particular instructor, and are your classes going to be one-on-one?

metaljustice83
06-07-2003, 05:28 AM
hmmm lets see yea the lessons will be one on one, I've jammed with the guy before, and He's showed me a few tricks, But he was always really busy, so I figured if I get a lesson from him, I'll always have a time secured with him, which would be cool. I'll get in to more details in a couple days, after I have the lesson.

metaljustice83
06-09-2003, 04:34 AM
well I had my first lesson today. It was very very very awesome. This guy knows his stuff. We started off with scales. he got out a couple sheets of note book paper, and as we'd go over something he'd right it out for me, and actually get me to think about what key I was in, where to move a certain scale that we learned, to where for what key. What the names of the scales were, thier differences between the major scale, or minor scale depending on the situation. Very very very cool. He Gave me a good chunk of things to work on. I plan on having the stuff memorized by next lesson. I used to teach little kids, just to get them started, this is a half note, this is a whole note kinda stuff. I always liked it when the lessons had done thier homework. But that won't be a problem for me. I'm sure I'll have a couple questions coming up for you guys.

metaljustice