PDA

View Full Version : New here, just saying hello...

Sjonesmusic
06-30-2002, 03:52 AM
Hey everybody!

Just looking for some fellow players to hang with...

Peace,

Scott Jones

Guni
06-30-2002, 10:31 AM
Hi Scott,

Welcome to iBreatheMusic!!!

I just listened to your samples. I especially like 'Remember' - so ya sequenced all of that on your own??? phew :cool:

It's really great to have such talent on board.

Best,

Guni

szulc
06-30-2002, 02:42 PM
Did you sequence the bass, keyboards and drums on this "Freedom" release? The piano and guitar on "Remember" seem like they were played on a guitar synth they are following each other so close.
Nice Improv, maybe you should post some articles here on your improv approach.

Guni
06-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by szulc
Nice Improv, maybe you should post some articles here on your improv approach. Great idea szulc. Scott, would you consider this?

Guni

Sjonesmusic
06-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by szulc
Did you sequence the bass, keyboards and drums on this "Freedom" release? The piano and guitar on "Remember" seem like they were played on a guitar synth they are following each other so close.
Nice Improv, maybe you should post some articles here on your improv approach.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I did sequence all of the instruments on my C.D. , except sax on a few cuts, which is my friend Bill Elrod...

And nothing was tracked with guitar-synth...

In fact, I wrote and sequenced all of those compositions back in 1993-1995, and just added the guitar parts to them in January...

This meant pulling up the old files, learning the parts I'd written 7 years ago, and playing the guitar to them...and adding guitar solos in the place of the keyboard solos I had sequenced originally...

I would love to post, or do some articles, on improv...thanks for the invite...

I actually posted a few answers in here, to some questions that were theory related...but can also address more improv related stuff too...

Thanks a ton for listening to the mp3's, I appreciate it!!

Scott