PDA

View Full Version : Eric J Cliffs of Dover Intro Austin City Limits '89

szulc
07-15-2002, 03:01 AM
I have wanted to transcribe this for a while.

Here is my attempt at the first 17 measures (or so since it is free time) of the Austin City Limits Cliffs of Dover Intro (actually where the actual distorted guitar comes in). Maybe some one out there who reads this will correct my errors. I am Attactching the first couple Measures and I 'll reply with the .ptb file.

Has anyone out there done this already or Righteous from the same show ?

James

szulc
07-15-2002, 03:04 AM
First few Measures.

EricV
07-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi,

the TAB looks pretty good. I never did a transcription of that version of the tune, although I love this version... itīs a great intro, and itīs amazing to hear how he slightly changes the tune and still manages to pull off all the difficult licks...

BTW, "Cliffs Of Dover" is one of my all-time favorite songs, and I still listen to "Ah Via Musicom" on a regular base
Eric

szulc
07-15-2002, 03:23 PM
I only am planning to do the intros to several live versions of this
due to limited patience and since these are the parts I like the most. I'll post the rest when I get it finished.

Apiece78
01-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Do u have a full transcription for this live version of Cliff of Dover

JohnJumper
01-19-2005, 02:52 AM
So where does this fit into the peice? I just finished memorizing Cliffs of Dover and I was trying to figure out what part this replaces...Is this at the beginning of the guitar solo part?

Bizarro
01-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Sounds close Szulc. I really like that live version too. It is a very good performance and the rhythm has a great swing to it.

JohnJumper, compared to the CD this basically comes right before the song starts. :) He is doing some free form improv before he kicks into Cliffs...

CarterFilm
07-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey man. I love the tab for the intro...you wouldn't happen to have one for the clean chords that he plays before ripping the main solo after the middle section? Those shapes are so odd, I just can't figure them out.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

CarterFilm

smallbusrider
07-20-2006, 01:01 AM
I love "Cliffs of Dover", but I've always loved "Trademark" too. For a guy who is a perfectionist, im surprised he improvises so much when he plays his tunes. (That's a good thing)

jose763
01-21-2007, 01:39 AM
how can i read the ".ptb file"? its not letting me. can you put it on here or something. i really want to learn this version.

BillyJack
01-21-2007, 01:56 AM
how can i read the ".ptb file"? its not letting me. can you put it on here or something. i really want to learn this version.
You use Power Tab Editor. Here's a link to the download.
http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

jose763
01-21-2007, 02:51 AM
thanks man. i got power tab right now.