PDA

View Full Version : bad finger position

nico_blue
07-20-2002, 02:52 AM
ok.. i'm not sure what to do here.. i'm learning my first "real" song right now.. i'm working on "No Rain" by Blind Melon.. its NOT that hard. but when i try to take my finger off the string to play the next one, i pull the string up with my finger for some reason and it plays, and you hear this aweful harmony when i'm trying to play the second string,and the first one is ringing in the wrong tone.. how do i fix this?.. i'm still working on the intro, so, thats where you can look if you know how to help me...

szulc
07-20-2002, 04:07 AM
Mute the string you don't want with the fleshy part of your hand or a finger. Maybe work on not accidentalliu ringing the string you don't intend to. Both hands can be used to mute strings. You can mute adjacent strings to notes you are playing with the left hand fingers, that are actually playing notes.

SimonB
12-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey,

It would help if you posted a tab or something that showed what you are having trouble with. That way we could show you specifically what you're doing wrong. :)

Sounds like you either need to learn to mute the strings you are not playing, or just be more careful with your movements.
also just practicing the song slowly and eventually getting up to speed will hep your technique and eventually make the song sound better.

LaughingSkull
12-17-2007, 07:31 AM
He either quit or is quite proficient by now. The post is five years old.