PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from Surgery....

szulc
09-13-2003, 05:39 PM
I haven't been around much lately since I just had surgery on Thursday. I'll try to post somethig meaningful soon, as soon as the pain drugs are gone!

I had the vestigial remains of a gill removed from the left side of my neck. It hurts like hell!, I feel like I have a super bad case of strep throat.

Bongo Boy
09-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Gill removal is always the worst. Hopefully they gave you a nice bottle of Percodans or something. :)

Hope you feel better soon, buddy.

Bizarro
09-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Take care and I hope you heal quickly! I'm glad everything went well with the surgery.

It might be amusing to post something real technical while on the pain pills!;) Who knows what you might come up with!

forgottenking2
09-13-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you get better soon. And by the way, mix ibuprophen with vicodin (500mg and 250 mg) it will knock you out (not rewally you'll just be drowsy as hell, no nausea or anything though) but the pain will go away for about 6 hours.

(I tried myself when my dentist did a real bad job on a wizdom teeth <the b**ch damaged my right maxilar nerve>)

Make sure you're not alergic to ibuprophen or morphine/codeine dervatives first though.

I hope this helps,

metaljustice83
09-13-2003, 09:10 PM
best wishes

Danster
09-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery James. Looking forward to having you back.

rawk
09-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Hope the pain settles down and you have a speedy recovery!

szulc
09-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Less One Gill!

I am recovering and having some difficulty speaking (especially X and ST or SK sounds!).

My surgery was 2.5 hours and a lot of retracting of muscles and such needed to be done to get the little devil out. I got the stitches out today and talked with the Doctor about the tongue after which he gave me way more information about my procedeure than I really wanted to know(Like the part about snipping a branch of my jugular vein!) He assured me there was no other cutting or snipping, so the nerves that control my tongue and face are intact but under stress from being tugged on.
He says I may have to retrain the nerves and do some exercises to regain full control.

If I get a chance I'll digitize some pictures of my extra part and post them.

The Bash
09-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Always greatful for that extra bit of info one could live without.
My wife's a nurse, there's sum things I could certainly have done without knowing about in vivid detail :)

Anyways, Good Luck N heal well.

loveguitar
09-19-2003, 02:30 AM
Wish you a speedy recovery James

metaljustice83
09-19-2003, 03:07 AM
hope all is well.

Zatz
09-19-2003, 09:27 AM
szulc,

wish you to recover very soon and get rid of all the difficulties!

Very warm regards,
Zatz.

Koala
09-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey James, have a quick recovery and hopefully weŽll have a welcome back party at GuniŽs.... lol

Schooligo
09-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey James,

I hope you feel better soon, & once again thanks for all the help!!!