PDA

View Full Version : Not a beginner, but far from professional

JWB81
09-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, whatsup?

I consider myself an advanced guitarist, and still learning. Been playing for about 7 years now, and I think I've surpassed many of the locals at least.

I'm wondering, where does someone go who can't find a band of good players that play the same style of music, someone who can't get a few members to join a band, etc... go from where he is now?

I'm sitting in my room practicing, and writing music all of the time and believe I have a lot of potential in me just waiting to explode. The only problem is, I don't know what to do with that potential without a band.

I can't sing, so I can't start a solo career. However, I can play with the best of'm.

Any suggestions? Or people living in my area that might be interested in my type of music?

Tune2B
09-20-2003, 03:46 AM
Boy,
This is where I see myself in mirror in 7 years. Or atleast want to. I started playing 2 months ago, people say I am progressing very well. I cant decide how I am doing however, because I dont know anything yet. I would really love to play in a band one day. I am 100% dedicated to music I can sit in my room and play the guitar for 48 without food or drink. Maybe its because I just started but still dont see many people like me.
I wish you best of luck friend. If you wait 4 years or so I will join you myslef :D
If you go to university you can easily find people there through message boards. Otherwise you have the right idea. Forums like this one will definitly help. There are many individuals who are seeking for a band.

potshot
09-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Can you play bass? Keys/piano? You could always make yourself a project and record your own instrumental solo work. You don't have to have vocals. You say you're writing music all the time... why not get it recorded? There are a fair few musicians out there recording their solo stuff and selling it. Admittedly, it's not going to make you the kind of money Britney gets.

But on the other hand, you might not look as good in a schoolgirl uniform :D

JWB81
09-21-2003, 02:36 AM
I play lead guitar, rhythm guitar, keyboard/piano, harmonica(yeah harmonica), and can play bass, but don't have one to use.

Anyways, I've tried recording my own music, but the equipment to buy is too expensive, and it is also expensive to get studio time as well. I am however saving up to buy some recording gear, and once I get some more money saved, I will then start asking around about what sort of gear is best for my circumstances.

Thanks for the help, and I'm sure I could look pretty good in a skirt like Britney. However, it might give others a slightly different image of me.