PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for new forum area

kloomes
07-24-2002, 08:42 PM
How about a forum that covers recording techniques both at home and in the studio.

Loads of people are hooking up thier geetars to thier PC's these days and getting some good results.

just a suggestion... :)

Bongo Boy
08-15-2002, 07:19 AM
You may want to browse http://www.homerecording.com which I've found has a bunch of useful forums, and another fasntastic site that recently went to a fee-based model (it caters more to pro or semi-pro engineers) is http://www.recording.org.

I believe there are over 13,000 registered members at homerecording.com, so there might be an advantage to keeping recording topics there.

What would be really cool: since many of these forums use the same software, it would be incredible if one could integrate forums from one site into another. Imagine if the guitar recording forum at homerecording.com could be logically linked to this site--so it would be almost 'seamless' from the user's perspective. Whoa.

Guni
08-16-2002, 12:01 PM
What would be really cool: since many of these forums use the same software, it would be incredible if one could integrate forums from one site into another. Imagine if the guitar recording forum at homerecording.com could be logically linked to this site--so it would be almost 'seamless' from the user's perspective. Whoa.yeah this would be unbelievable..... what a massive database of knowledge :-)

regarding homerecording: I seriousely considered such an area but the thing is that you need some kind of guru to answer all the questions. I mean I'm interested in this subject myself but I am not proficient enough to give set advice ....... I think it's better to stick with what we are good at and refer to other established sites that cover these areas.

Maybe there's one of you who would like to initiate and moderate such a forum. If so, lemme know .....

Guni

Bongo Boy
10-26-2002, 11:28 PM
Just a wee little update here...over at homerecording.com they have a 'gear & equipment' are, under which is a 'guitar and bass' forum. I've seen a thread or two there regarding music and music theory, so I've tried to encourage those folks to come here instead for theory-related stuff aimed at guitarists. JEM555 may have visited as a result (?).

The idea is that the homerecording.com site is hugely devoted to equipment already--not music, per se.

This would make a great synergy between the two sites.

Agent_Embryo
12-10-2002, 09:29 PM
I'd love a section on recording/production, I've been recording stuff at home on my computer for some time now. I'm no pro or guru by any means but I think I could answer basic questions at least. :)