PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm Guitar

chasumdeep
10-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Could someone give me some tips and common rhythm methods on rhythm guitar??

Thanks

:cool:

hellogoodbye
10-16-2003, 06:56 PM
I think you'd better buy a nice book on rhythm guitar... Or be more specific. Or did you expect a complete rhythm guitar method to be posted now...? :D What style do you play? Country? Metal? Rock? Soul? All styles need a different answer... So... buy a book or try again... ;)

chris
10-16-2003, 07:47 PM
How about this article by Guni:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/play/article/19

Or this book and audio provided by the great folks here at IBreatheMusic:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/play/article/64

chasumdeep
10-16-2003, 10:11 PM
The article is gonna take a little while to digest, but if you wnat to know what styles of rhythm guitar I am looking for, it would be:

Rock

Soul

Country

...a website would be nice if you know one that gives basic undestanding of the techniques.

Thanks guys for your help

:cool:

chris
10-16-2003, 11:32 PM
If you haven't downloaded the booklet from my post above, you ought too. Even though it has the title "Heavy Metal" it goes through many styles and the theory/technique behind rhythm. All the sound samples (total of 60!) are by Guni himself... this is the only time I've heard him play. He starts the examples off with a clean tone teaching fingerstyle. Now how many times have I seen posts here asking about fingerstyle? I know for one, I've asked ;) and didn't realize it was in here.

Hey Guni and Eric. What are the other three booklets mentioned from that second link above I posted and how do I get them?

Guni
10-20-2003, 07:44 AM
Hi chris,

To give credit where credit is due all of the sound recordings in the Heavy Metal book were recorded by Nicolas Meier .... I just met up with Nick last week in London and had a chat with him about continuing his work. Well, he surely is interested and we need to see if his busy schedule allows it - at the moment he's in the process of recording 2 CDs ....

The other booklets are not available at the moment - I might redo some of them at some point when I find the time ....

chris
10-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey Guni,

I saw your name scrolling across on my media player and assumed you recorded it. I'll be looking forward to the re-release of the other booklets as this one is really good. I've been trying to learn fingerstyle for a while now and after printing the pages from this booklet out, studying and trying them, I'm finding that for the first time I'm getting used to this technique. The examples are great and fun to play. Hopefully, he'll work with Ibreathemusic on some more projects.