PDA

View Full Version : Blackmore

The Bash
08-09-2002, 07:42 AM
My little ode to the Man in Black.
A big part of Ritchie’s weaponry are his clever of single string use often via open strings
The following is a brief example from “Highway Star”
(They make good single string picking exercises as well as cool and flashy)

The Bash
08-09-2002, 07:46 AM
this is the next section same song

The Bash
08-09-2002, 08:09 AM
another open stringer from my fav blackmore solo
this ones from burn

The Bash
08-09-2002, 08:12 AM
and the next part

The Bash
08-09-2002, 08:20 AM
This is a cool arp figure that appears near the end of the solo. Makes a nice musical sounding picking ex. as well as displays some of Ritchie's favorite arp shapes (he uses some of these shapes in Kill the King and Man on the Silver Mountain for example.)

The Bash
08-09-2002, 08:26 AM
can someone tell me how I can export more than one section of bitmap from PT or combine my Jpgs so I can get more than one section per post. I should read the instructions but I really hate intrustions :)

Admin Notice: The answer to this questions has been moved to iBreathe General Stuff and Announcements (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280)

szulc
08-09-2002, 12:29 PM
More Ritchie. I learned this 26 years ago and don't have the recording anymore, so don't beat me up it this is not exactly right.
Part1.

szulc
08-09-2002, 12:30 PM
Part 2

Guni
08-09-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey guys - these are all very cool licks???

szulc - this sounds very familiar but I can't think of the tune- what is it???

Bash: check here (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280) for the answer to your PT question.

Guni

szulc
08-09-2002, 04:35 PM
It was 'Lazy' Live From Made In Japan, the lead break.

Does anyone know the name of the little song Ritchie plays right after this lick?

By the way notice how in 'Burn' the infamous Cycle IV once again rears its ugly head!(actually beautiful head)

Gm Cm F Bb Eb

James

szulc
08-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Here is the little tune.
Can someone Identify this?

The Bash
08-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey James is it:
Hugo Alfven's Midsommarvarka (Swedish Rhapsody, no.1, op.19)

I'm not 100% sure on this as I've never been able to prove it
but I had always wondered what it was and had looked it up at one time and that's what I found in my notes.
I've yet to find a copy of the tune, or sheet music, well Free copy :) of the piece so...

The Bash
08-10-2002, 09:51 PM
Here's another Blackmore Arp. Figure. Ritchie does something like this all over Kill the King from Rainbow's Long Live Rock n Roll.
This is paticular riff happens right before the guitar solo.
Like the Highway Star and Burn Solo this one's harmonized as well. Ritchie has a strange way of harmonizing he often sways between harmony and unsion and don't be surprised if they overlap. I notated what I took to be the main line.

NP-Rainbow (Live on Stage)

szulc
08-10-2002, 10:31 PM
I love Ronnie James Dios' voice on that Live Rainbow Album.
Thanks For the info.
By the way you were right.

http://www.epdlp.com/alfven.html

This link has this tune.

Midsummer Vigil - Rapsodia Sueca nº 1, opus 19

NP: Midsummer Vigil - Rapsodia Sueca nº 1, opus 19
(This piece is really cool!)

The Bash
08-17-2002, 02:05 AM
Hey I was right, better duck cause the sky's bound to fall in.

Thanks for the link, this really is a great song.

And Dio's voice is killer period. Nothing against Coverdale cause I love his version of Mistreated but I Really Love the way Dio does that song.

I had the dream come true experience of actually getting to open for Dio about 5 years back. The man was still balls to the walls. Was amazing the voice that came out of someone that size, I knew he wasn't very big but I'm 5 foot 6 and bout 135 pnds and he made me look big.
It was a happy enuff story but could of been happier if I didn't have to work in the morning (few hours later). Just after I left he came through the back door where our equipment truck was and they got to meet him. Oh, well I can't complain.

Bongo Boy
08-17-2002, 11:42 PM
I haven't been 5'6" and 135 lbs since about 1968-69. After Woodstock it all started going to hell in a handbasket. :D

The Bash
08-18-2002, 08:42 PM
LoL. I don't know what happen I drank my milk as a kid.

The Bash
08-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Here's a cool like I like to play in e minor
I'm not sure if this ones actually swiped from or inspired by

The Bash
08-18-2002, 09:50 PM
This is actually swiped from Jon Lord's Highway Star Organ Solo.
Works real well on guitar.
Makes a nice picking ex. too if you forget the hammer/pulls and just down/up or up/ down pick it.
Note the chromatic movent in the lower voice it's a neat Lordism use uses quite often. He's gotta lot of cool licks that sound real cool on guitar. (hint)