PDA

View Full Version : CAme up with this site for eartraining...

salsainglesa
03-05-2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.prolobe.com/

I wanted to share it with you people.
The aproach seems interesting, i been working on it for a couple of days, and with possitive attitude I believe perfect pitch could be achieved... Through much effort.
Also I read the thread about visualizations in this forum, and i think that could help.
The midn works in strange ways that we might not be still aware of...

Uhmm enough...

How does one put a quote in the forum?
and a link to another thread?

madhatter@skool
03-05-2004, 04:12 PM
use the little button that has "quote" on it to qoute another member's post. Copy that address from the thread & paste it into the post.

Another fantastic ear training site is www.good-ear.com

salsainglesa
03-05-2004, 04:32 PM
aah the useful part of the site i posted, and i forgot to mention, is that your progress is saved and you go little by little... in a level program.

madhatter@skool
03-05-2004, 06:31 PM
salsainglesa

woah.... that site is way out there. (not in a bad way, just pretty mind blowing. I had always wondered if there was a correlation between music & light ABCDEFG -7 notes ROYGBIV - 7 basic rainbow colors.

I read section 4 about the different "rooms" deal. Can you actually hear the difference in the scales & their tonal center?
Is that site helping? Thanks for posting about it. Do you have to pay to be a member?

salsainglesa
03-06-2004, 10:09 PM
It is being helpfull... actually the theory behind it is that your ear can actually "see" the diferences between the diferent pitches.
I am glad it helped someone... I am trying it now.

ADn i am giving it time, like all goodthings they take time..

One more thought is that i have a relative pitch right now, that i developed in some time... I can recognize pretty acurately intervals from one octave... that surely helps...
but the thing is to get used to the "pitch" of each note by itself in that program

Well let's wait... and work

i hoped that the thread would be more helpful, coz teh site dont chargue a thing.

salsainglesa
03-06-2004, 10:12 PM
my singing teacher tells me to memorize the A at 440...
she does not have perfect pitch, but still can sing that one note... it got stuck on her mind!
There is hope!

Koala
03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
You might wanna check out:
http://www.miles.be/