PDA

View Full Version : Steve Vai Arpeggio Lesson

snufeldin
05-06-2004, 10:44 PM
A while ago I found a website that had a lesson that Steve Vai made around 1984. It had all the arpeggios and modes that he thought guitarists should memorize. Unfortunately I can't find the site at all. I remember there being a heading that said "You Must Be Lost try Vai.com" or something like that.

I went to vai.com and in his lesson section it had all of the lessons except the arpeggio one...

Does anybody know what site this is... or any site that lists all of the arpeggios?

SkinnyDevil
05-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Well, he did a Guitar World piece (10 hour workout) about a decade ago that was on-line for a while. Try GuitarStuff4You (I think it's a dot-com). I know he used to have a copy of the original article.

If that's not it, you might want to check out the Guitar magazines columns Steve used to do. I think he did columns for several mags, but he only posts the Guitar Player (Martian Love Secrets) series on his site. I suspect you'll have to visit a library to find them.

You might also try the Ibanez site. They have lots of lessons from several of their players.

I wonder if Steve ever released an instructional video.....or if he ever plans to?

ESPKH2
05-11-2004, 01:07 AM
didnt he even release a 20 hour workout recently?

SkinnyDevil
05-11-2004, 03:59 AM
30, I think. Based on his decade-old 10 hour workout written for Guitar World. Excellent piece, in my view. His "angular" exercises are cool, but I don't know if he discovered them himself or if he got them from a book. Somewhere around here I have a book with about a hundred variations on that idea by a player obsessed with finger independance. I'll post the title if I dig it out in time to remember....