PDA

View Full Version : Beer aided eartraining

GuitarLausing
06-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Ok, what we need is somebody with "perfect pitch" or a supergood relative pitch. Next, drink a lot of beer. Now tune your bottles by blowing air over the top and drinking until it is in tune.

Somebody should do this. And put it up on the internet. What's the tone when half full. Somebody should make a table with beer-"height" and the corrosponding tone. Also this should be done on buds, tall bottle and the standard beerbottle we have here in Denmark.

Next is to find out wether the tone is different when the beer is flat or just opened, warm/cold or alcohol free/hardcore alcoholics drink (think bear beer (http://tolsun.oulu.fi/kbs-bin/readbeer?Nr=42))

I could sure use this since i'm starting a band where we only play on things that we consume afterwards or already has consumed, or in this case, half consumed....

(i know, we drink too much)

Zatz
06-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Some eartraining...
I tasted Bear beer years ago but never happened to use it this way though :D

GuitarLausing
06-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Bear beer is probably the best beer out there if you really wanna get lame. It tastes horrible, but wtf, you won't remember it the next day anyway, so next time you wanna get wasted, you buy Bear Beer...And there it goes, the evil circle of doom, destruction and alcohol...

Eartraining... Argh- I'm pretty good at intervals, and I can pretty much always hear Amin, but I suck at naming notes and all that stuff

DanF
06-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Buy an electronic tuner and you'll be set. Maybe one of the fancy ones that luthiers use for intontation etc.

-Dan

mjo
06-23-2004, 08:50 PM
- :D Capitol idea ,
for me, this would become an excersize in modulation, if you take my meaning - :rolleyes:

Bongo Boy
06-24-2004, 03:35 AM
Yes, everything is good in modulation.

But of course not if you ask Bud. When I consulted for them in St Louis a few years ago, they were producing beer at a rate of 2 kegs (1 barrel) PER SECOND. That's just not right. I've got municipalities that produce less wastewater than that--and believe me, Bud is a LOT of wastewater.

MontgomeryGoo
06-24-2004, 08:32 PM
I learn things on guitar faster after I 've consumed a libation or two. I don't think 'I can't do this' anymore. Guitar lessons should come with free beer.

ProgBG
07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
and believe me, Bud is a LOT of wastewater.
I think you're right :D There's nothing better than Bavarian beer ;) !! That's the thing we're proud of. ;) But I tried to play guitar after a few beers. And it was so much fun 'cause my band and I played some stuff and we didn't even know which chords we hit:D.

KAYA BG

LarryJ
07-12-2004, 10:32 AM
I think I heard Zakk Wylde mention this same idea once....:D

Eccojedi
07-13-2004, 05:45 AM
what about other intoxicants, such as plant-matter based ones?

GuitarLausing
07-13-2004, 12:57 PM
what about other intoxicants, such as plant-matter based ones?
I don't support the use of drugs, appearing in nature or not. If this is what you were thinking about. It wouldn't be as cool. On the other hand, how do you tune a cig-a-weed?

Eccojedi
07-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Alcohol's a drug.