PDA

View Full Version : (I need) Do`s and Don`ts in auditions...

johnnyhollywood
07-26-2004, 04:21 AM
Like... I have A BIG audition this THURSDAY for a BIG rock band... They are used to play in bars and clubs 3~4 times A WEEK.
i have the song list... but i was wondering how should I act in the audition... Like... do`s and don`ts

Unhorizon
07-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Some general stuff

Be on time (early might be better)
Be friendly
Be warmed up and ready to go (finger wise)
Show them you can be dependable on stage and off

szulc
07-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Like... I have A BIG audition this THURSDAY for a BIG rock band... They are used to play in bars and clubs 3~4 times A WEEK.
i have the song list... but i was wondering how should I act in the audition... Like... do`s and don`ts
If you are truly ready for this, just relax and do what they ask.
If you are not, there is nothing you can do.
If they want you to sing, sing, if they want you to play, play.
Just be obedient and courteous.
And if you are good enough for their needs they'll like you.

EricV
07-26-2004, 10:52 AM
- Bring only the gear you need, and make sure itīs set up correctly and in a working condition.
- Be as prepared ( learnign the songs ) as you can be, go there thinking "OK, Iīve prepared as well as I can, now thereīs nothing I can do )
- Be on time, as mentioned above
- Set up as quickly as possible.
- Try to figure out what they are like... if theyīre relaxed and donītmind some chit chat in between ( maybe in order to get to know you ), then talk to them.If theyīre rather strict and focus on playing, then donīt talk too much and just play.
- Donīt act like someone you are not... that wonīt work, cuz even if you make it through the audition and get the job, theyīll figure it out sooner or later if you act.
- If you get a feeling as if the audition isnīt going well, donīt panic,and donīt start apologizing constantly... that might make it even worse. Also, even though you have a feeling it aint going well... sometimes it might seem that way while in reality, it isnt.
- Be prepared for questions such as "Why would you like to play with us ?"
- Be honest, credible, and professional.
- Donīt try to show off too much
Good luck !
Eric

Guitardeth
07-26-2004, 01:18 PM
I have no experience of seriuos auditions, but perhaps I could add an advice: Try to be rested. A good nights sleep is always a good preparation.

Good luck dude!

phantom
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
in addition to the very good posts above i wanna consider a different view:
make sure for yourself if those are the guys you wanna play with.
it's a pain in the *** to gig, work, hang out or be on tour with guys you think are total idiots.
no matter if music and money is ok.
if you wanna play with them no matter what, then forget about my post. :D

good luck, be well organized, human and on time!

brianhitscar
10-10-2004, 09:57 AM
in addition to the very good posts above i wanna consider a different view:
make sure for yourself if those are the guys you wanna play with.
it's a pain in the *** to gig, work, hang out or be on tour with guys you think are total idiots.
no matter if music and money is ok.
if you wanna play with them no matter what, then forget about my post. :D

good luck, be well organized, human and on time!
word. I totally know about that