PDA

View Full Version : Sight- reading books??

JEM555
11-20-2002, 04:17 PM
Anybody have any experience with these books, i really want to buy me a book, but i cant choose which!!
anyone??
Do i have to pay taxes if i order from amazon.com and ship or fly the books to Europe?
P.S, i cant thank GUNI enogh for his articles about intervals, triads, and chord scales, before i found this site i didnt have a clue about any theory, so thank God i found this site!!

NP- Satryicon- Volcano

Guni
11-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JEM555
Anybody have any experience with these books, i really want to buy me a book, but i cant choose which!!
anyone??Ok, I again gotta refer to William Leavitt and Berkleepress. Leavitt wrote 2 in my view great books full of exercises for the guitar focusing on sight-reading. The cool thing is that you gradually work yourself up the neck. So you start in open position, move on to I position, II etc ..... which for me was a great way of 1) learning the positions and fingerings and 2) recognizing all the note names in these positions.

The books I am talking about are entitled: 'Reading Studies for Guitar' and 'Advanced Reading Studies for Guitar'.

Do i have to pay taxes if i order from amazon.com and ship or fly the books to Europe? In general there's no sales tax. Say. for example sheetmusicplus.com: I'm in Europe too and so far I ordered a few books from them. If you select a country in Europe sales tax will be subtracted. Furthermore, they give you options on how to ship to Europe. By air will cost you around $7.

One thing that might happen is that your local tax office opens the package and forces you to pay import tax on it. I sneaked through with a few books but for one book (priced around $25) I had to pay 6 import tax (bummer).

All in all, if you can find the item in Europe I'd buy it here. Otherwise amazon.com or sheetmusicplus.com are doing a great job. I haven't tried any others up to now.

Hope that helps.

P.S, i cant thank GUNI enogh for his articles about intervals, triads, and chord scales, before i found this site i didnt have a clue about any theory, so thank God i found this site!!Thanks a lot man. This means a lot to me.

Cu around.

Guni

NP: Wayne Krantz "2 Drinks Minimum"