PDA

View Full Version : Just lookin for some input

FBWGuitarist
12-15-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey everyone. Just doing a little market study and promotion. If you get a chance, take a listen to my band, leave some comments, give feedback as need be. This is a home recording, so obviously, its simply not good. We are hitting a studio this week to begin recording our first EP. This is a new band, and are currently promoting our first set of shows. Thanks!

http://fallbeforewinter.iuma.com

szulc
12-16-2002, 12:14 AM
You are welcome to come an participate in our community, but if your only goal here is to promote your band........You may be dissapointed.

EricV
12-16-2002, 12:37 AM
Indeed.
Some advice ? its a good idea to invest some work in promoting your band on the internet, and I think its cool youre asking for opinions and advice instead of just posting a "THIS BAND RULES"-kinda post.
Bt I hope this wont be your only post. As you might have seen, one of the rules here is "no advertising". Its ok to promote your band if you contribute to the forums in other ways, too, but again... no "sign in to post an ad and nothing else"

In case you missed the advertisement rule, here it is:

"Advertising is not permitted in the forums !
It is our intention to run as focussed a service as possible without postings that include advertising links, nor links that are clearly made to promote products and services.
The Admins and Moderators retain the right to remove/edit any such posting at their discretion.
Anyone who violates these guidelines will have their posting privileges suspended and the possibility of being permanently banned. "

Anyway, hope to see you around more often...
Eric

FBWGuitarist
12-16-2002, 02:42 AM
Hey everyone that has replied. First off no, that is not my only intention to promote the band, and if you read the post its not promoting the band, its looking for musical feedback. Also I apologize, I was unaware that that was under the category of advertisement, being so that I am not selling any service or product. If I have a buddy over, pop in a CD, ask for his/her opinion, that is looking for feedback, as opposed to advertisement. There is a difference. Honestly, sorry if that stepped on anyone's toes, and that is not my only purpose. The musicians forums are to discuss music, which is what i was looking for. So glad to be apart of the community. Thanks alot.

szulc
12-16-2002, 03:12 AM
You will find that there is a great deal of useful information being discussed here. We try hard to have an open community where people can discuss music theory, the creative process, improvisation. We share tabs and musical ideas. Sometimes we discuss gear or specific recordings. You are welcome to join in and start threads or post replies to existing ones. Your request for people commenting on your music will be taken more seriously after you have established a presence. I was just tying to let you know that you might not want to get your hopes of having many responses to your plea, up. I have been part of this community for 9 months and recently asked for opinions on some of my recordings, and after a couple of weeks got one.
It is often that we write something to a forum that is taken by the group as a dictation or as someone coming in and trying to 'hijack' the forum. The community at large decides how to respond, as much as we don't like it, we are powerless and can only be subject to the group as a whole's whims. I think it is pretty cool and experimental a truly democratic system. I have my own ideas about where the threads should lead, but I find more often than not, I am in the minority. It annoys me but it is the way it works. There are a few people here who 'think' like me and appreciate my posts, and that is enough to keep me here.
I hope you will stick around and post something of interest to me.

EricV
12-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey there, Jamie,

I currently am listening to "Over" and I do like it. Very melodic, and the singer does a really good job. Really nice.
"Like Me" is pretty cool too, although I think those two songs would really win through a better production ( I know you pointed out the "home-recording"-part )
Anyway, I hear a lot of energy and some really cool melodies...
Really, not bad.
Let us know once you guys are done recording that EP. Id like to hear those songs with some different production.
And good luck
Eric

FBWGuitarist
12-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Appreciate it. As soon as I do have some free time to sit and check out threads, trust me I will contribute to this thing.