PDA

View Full Version : Guitar setup?

Angus_Poser
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Does anybody know if there is a place I could take my guitar to get professionally set up near Sacramento, California?:confused:

oRg
01-08-2005, 03:56 AM
What do you mean by professionally set up? You didn't provide much information so I'll make my post vague. Do you mean build a guitar rig (Rackmounts, Power Amp, and Pre-amps). In order to get something like this you have to own all the equipment for the Sound/Audio Engineer to work with. It does get expensive especially with Power amps and preamps. Crown Power amps are the best IMHO but also get Furman Power conditioners and most people like the Marshall JMP-1 Pre-amp. Then there's the rackmounts which include the poweramps, power conditioners, and preamps but also include effects, signal boosters, and MIDI controllers. I'm sure and Studio Engineer in the area will be able to help you in some way or another but remember you must own the equipment or have it in your possesion...lol.

If your talking about Guitar work such as string changes, and everything else I can't really help ya there. I would recommend a locally owned guitar shop. As far as I know Sam Ash and Guitar Center don't work on gear but just sell it.