PDA

View Full Version : My new solo on a Emin track

loveguitar
01-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Attached is my humble 3min solo on a Emin jam track
from http://www.bluesblast.com/jams2004.html

As usual, I play my Cort guitar thru Korg AX1500G.

The previous comments for the Breathe track was rather helpful
for my playing, so any comments on this track would be appreciated
too. Anyone want to try that track would be interesting too.

Thanks for listening

satch_master
01-22-2005, 06:16 AM
is that a drum machine ? if so what is it exactly? cause i need something for drums.
i dinndt like that thing at 1:00 the bends. kinda cacophony friedman type style it reminds me of( now ud take that as a compliment if u were wise).

was the solo contrived or spontaneous or both?
like the chromatics.
but i like man, great job.

how many years u been plalying for? or months?

UKRuss
01-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Loveguitar, I think that was better by far than your Breath MP3.

Nice stuff. Satchy intonation.

loveguitar
01-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Thanks for listening.

The solo was pre-arranged. As for the 1:00 bend, wow! that was
a new word I learned "cacophony". It's coincidental anyway, I haven't heard of friedman's pieces, perhaps its a common spice that people like to add in.

As for number of years playing, yes I think it's a couple of years, don't exactly
remember how many

wiechfreak
01-23-2005, 04:15 AM
Wow! How long did it take u to write that? It was damn good!

loveguitar
01-24-2005, 10:23 AM
hi wiechfreak, thanks for the kind words, if u listen to Eric V or Thorsten's songs, probably u will find mine is too elementary :D

anyway, I took abt a week to do that piece.

davidvanhalen
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM
hey its ok, you have some decent chops, probably better than mines, but i'm not sure about the intonation and the tone, keep up teh good work

Len H
03-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Cool clip, parts of it reminds me of something off of "The Extremist" by Satriani, the name of the track escapes me, though. I mean this in a complementary way, I don't mean to imply that you are ripping off Satch or anything, but you really do have that Satriani vibe going. I would say you have a nice sense of melody and your technique is much better than I would expect from someone after two years of playing. I think that you could work on your bends and some different types of vibrato to polish your sound. Nice job.

Mateo150
03-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Good job. Bends were pretty good. Think your slower bend portions sounded better than your shreds. Good overall job of communicating something through the music, got a little mechanistic towards the end. Very good job on building energy then releasing. Maybe try experimenting working on the rising tension parts with note selection/melody rather than with speed, this way you complement the energy you build with tension. One of your speed licks towards the end, I think around 2:20 had some tense notes in it, would have been better (IMO) to have been able to hear those and have a chat with those notes rather than see them just run by. I really liked how you brought it back home most of the time, nice sound on those parts.