PDA

View Full Version : Name That Group!!!

ViolinMaster
01-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Well recently a few friends of mine have gotten together and decided that we're going to start a quintet. We play Garden parties, weddings, receptions, etc. Now the biggest problem we have at the moment is figuring out a name that will wow the crowd, as well as our music. So I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas that will help my group at all. We've scowered the Musical Dictionaries, but so far no luck. If you can't come up with a name, does anyone have any websites we can look through to guide us? Does anyone have any other advice like how to get gigs set up or anything like that?

Some more Info:
-2 Violins, viola, cello, bass
-Play Classical

Factor
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Seeing that you're five persons, and classically oriented, you could use the "quintet" suffix.

Like so:

Garden Quintet
Quintessential Quintet
... Quintet

I don't know really, just tossing something out here :p

Rizla
01-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Try names in other languages, like in Italian, classical music is musica classica, sometimes they sound really good and people don't know what they mean!

mattblack850
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Les Cinq Classique, or reverse to Les Classique Cinq,

Classical Etude (Attitude!!)

Five Fiddlers Fingers,
Fiddlers Five,.....etc

As for getting gigs...advertise locally and maybe approach a local music agent;)

UKRuss
01-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Not appropriate probably, but the comedy angle:

Gone Chopin...Bach in a Minuet.

Factor
01-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Gone Chopin...Bach in a Minuet.

Classic! :D I love a good funny classical musician. They are portrayed to be so sombre and serious. It's a smart thing to go against that.