PDA

View Full Version : Fusionist

fusionist
02-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey yall!
Ive just logged in and just wants to say hello to everybody.
Im playing guitar for round about three or four Years. I changed from trumpet(was playing about 8Years) to guitar, because i prefer jazz and stuff. Its not that i dont like Classical...i love it, but its not my world. The atmosphere...there are a lot arrogant people there. And my problem with classic is that i am limited, no improvising. Thats absolutely necessary for me. Well see. Im doing my a-levels and want to study philosophy or music(maybe Guitar who knows?)), though i really dont want to become a teacher.
My favourite music is Rock<Fuson>Jazz and some metal. (Frank Gambale, Holdsworth, Stern, Metheny...Dream Theater(Petrucci), Chick Corea...
But noones better than PG!! Hes the best. Solo, or with Racer X.
(just my humble opinion)

I joined here to learn everything which is possible...never stop learning.
Hope you wont kill me...there are some really amazing players out here...have to take care!:( But my chops keep growing... hehehe..
K, cya

fusionist
02-01-2005, 01:03 PM
heyho Pg owns

rmuscat
02-01-2005, 01:22 PM
welcome fusionist!! we'll see you on the boards ok?

i like your tastes! Ever tried Greg Howe (introspection) and Shawn Lane (solo albums and preferbly with Jonas Hellborg, Abstract Logic is one of the best), Brett Garsed (big sky)?

They are three of my favorite "fusion" players! Garsed and Howe are featured on ibreathe too thanks to EricV! (click features above). I bet you'll love them! ;)

welcome aboard again, enjoy your stay ;)