PDA

View Full Version : sight reading in key of C

metaljustice83
12-29-2002, 04:11 AM
can some one help me out i'm looking for some stuff to sight read in the key of C for right now to get all the natural notes down then i will move on, but i need some stuff in the key of C or....A minor would probably work too. :D thx

Bongo Boy
12-29-2002, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure what would be appropriate...but I just put this beginner's exercise up...

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=742

metaljustice83
12-30-2002, 03:39 AM
that will work a bit later on its too high right now. I'm trying to work in one section right now. Thx though ....keep em comin :)

Bongo Boy
12-31-2002, 04:21 PM
Are you looking for exercises or something more like melodies? Have you tried using a fakebook? In my jazz fakebook at least, about 20-25% of the stuff appears to be in C, I'd expect the same to hold for a light rock fakebook. What about Modern Method for Guitar (I suggest it because there's NO tab in it to dork you up)?

Also, you could transpose the PowerTab I referenced to the section you're working in, that would be a good exercise as well.

metaljustice83
12-31-2002, 09:12 PM
i'll have to look into the fake book, but the thing is i'm lookin for stuff thats free. But maybe i can scrape together the money :)