PDA

View Full Version : Bach's Lute Suites FACEOFF *gasp*

Shane
01-16-2003, 04:39 AM
thats right kids, it's time for *the-thread-that-could-make-Shane-look-like-the-biggest-dork-in-history* OR the annual Bach's lute suites faceoff competition. Heh, I don't really know what gave me this idea, but any guitarist here that has an interest in classical music, is welcome to "compete" in this. Basically I just ordered the sheet music today (after not studying these for about 2 years), so I'm all excited :D And now that I also bought a high-quality mic for my comp today, i thought HEY! once I get them down I can RECORD them! (imagine that) But yeah, I was basically wondering if anyone wanted to make recordings of them playing the suite of their choice, and then at the end, we'll have the rest of the ibreathe community judge and then the winner gets a special prize!

*Awaits horrible feedback*

Bongo Boy
01-16-2003, 05:29 AM
No...I like the idea. Maybe not make it a competition, but ask the iBreathe Collective to comment, contrast and compare. Where did you get the sheet music? Where can I get a lute? Do you mind hearing it at 15 bpm? Do you mind if it sounds just a little bit like Autumn Leaves?

I know i have this...John Williams I think...maybe on the Deutsche Grammonphon label.

7_stringa
01-21-2003, 10:09 PM
shane man, you made an honest mistake

**** happens... you can calll me whoever who you want and i wont give a fuk