PDA

View Full Version : Buckethead: Electric Tears

EricV
01-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Hey guys,
this morning I had Bucketheads most recent album in the mail... "Electric Tears".
I had been looking forward to hearing it. I guess some of you figured by now that I am a huge fan of his "Colma" record ( which was a rather quiet, soothing album with clean electric guitar acnd acoustic guitar sounds, very atmospheric... ).
Now, although "Colma II" is supposed to be released in 2003, "Electric Tears" already picks up where Colma left... the difference is that there are now other instruments but guitars on this one.
No drums or percussion, only guitars.

And itīs a beautiful record, full of really nice melodies and chords, including a cool cover of "Sketches Of Spain".... itīs like perfect music to relax and dream away.

If you wanna read a bit more about the record, or if you wanna listen to some audiofiles or even order it, you can do so here:

Electric Tears at Guitar9 (http://www.guitar9.com/electrictears.html)

So I guess this album ( as well as "Big Sky" by Brett Garsed ) will be on my list of "Best Albums of 2003" for sure...
Eric

NP: "Electric Tears"

metaljustice83
01-19-2003, 04:40 AM
your gonna cause me to spend a whole lotta money buying cds :mad: j.k thanks for bringing up cds that I don't really have access to :D

EricV
01-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Itīs available at amazon.com, guitar9.com and maybe on Ebay, too... :)

By the way, itīs out on MetaMusic, which ( I checked out the site ) seems to be a label focussing on Yoga-music... go figure.
I am not surprised though, after all the music on ET ( end even the music on "Colma" ) does work for Yoga for sure.

Eric

EricV
01-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Oh and did you know...

( yeah, I know itīs not a real secret anymore whoīs behind the mask... )

Just in case youīre wondering about some of the killer-licks on his other records, check out his left hand... :)

IRM
01-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Hmm...is it just me, or does his pinky look like it's 6 inches long?

EricV
01-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Well, yeah, thatīs why I said "Just in case youīre wondering about some of the killer-licks on his other records, check out his left hand... " :)
Of course itīs a picture-edit, but I guess it proves that the dude had a weird sense of humor back then :)
Eric

nickwellings
02-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Actually, Buck made a prosthetic pinky finger thing. He's wearing it there.

EricV
02-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Are you serious ? LOL, thatīs cool... :)
Eric

nickwellings
02-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Yep!

Seriously!

Shows how odd he is, eh?