PDA

View Full Version : I feel stuck.

sixstrings121
07-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey, I feel like I can't make anything new. How do you guys get inspiration to write something? I've writen lots of songs now, but for some reason nothing new has been coming for about a month now. So what do you guys do to kind of 'get in the writing process'?

Los Boleros
07-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I know aI will probably get alot of negative feedback on this one but here goes:

Take a song you like, and change the tempo and rhythm alittle. Come up with a different chorus or bridge, and use your own words and melody.:D

BachInv13
07-15-2005, 11:54 PM
In response to adjacent post: that's how most people do it anyway.

Los Boleros
07-15-2005, 11:57 PM
In response to adjacent post: that's how most people do it anyway.And...........
It's not a whole lot different from writing your own completely original song, only to realise later that there are 9,568,258,789 existing songs already that are exactly like your original.

Bizarro
07-16-2005, 05:29 AM
It's worked well for Lenny Kravitz... ;)

live
07-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Don't play for one day and the day after you will jump towards your guitar and write any song that comes out of u ;-)
________
PENNY STOCKS (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

sixstrings121
07-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't play for one day and the day after you will jump towards your guitar and write any song that comes out of u ;-)

Yeah I've done that a few times before. It's pretty effective, but I just can't stop playing lol. I've started to get some stuff flowing though.

perth
07-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey, I feel like I can't make anything new. How do you guys get inspiration to write something? I've writen lots of songs now, but for some reason nothing new has been coming for about a month now. So what do you guys do to kind of 'get in the writing process'?
start by breaking your mind out of its usual routine (if you keep doing the same things, youre going to keep getting the same results). reading backwards, altering breathing patterns, etc (techniques used to make attention deficit disorder work for you) changes your mental state pretty quickly. also try listening to music that you normally wouldnt listen to. try looking at salvadore dali pictures. try depriving your mind of creativity by doing something analytical for a while (aka taking a break without letting your brain get lazy).

sixstrings121
07-16-2005, 06:25 PM
salvadore dali...what is that, and how would looking at a picture help me write songs?

perth
07-16-2005, 06:40 PM
salvadore dali...what is that, and how would looking at a picture help me write songs?
hes a painter that specialized in double imagry. looking at a picture (especially an abstract or especially warped and colorful picture) gets your mind out of its routine - the routine thats preventing you from writing fresh material. it works for some people, not for everyone. its worth a try though.

Bande
07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Like Los Boleros said:

Take a song you like and get ideas from it.

What I did was: once I was listening to Enter Sandman, and thought I would write something similar. I didn't take the riffs or melodies from it, but only its set-up. Like: it begins with a cool guitar line, then the drums and bass crack in, and there comes the coolest riff of da world, then the bridge same as the main riff just transposed up one whole step, etc. etc.

So I only took ideas like this, and I made a song for Enter Sandman's set-up. But with other riffs and lines. I guess you know what I mean. Oh, and guess what was the result? A Cooool song from which NOBODY not even Hetfield would tell that it has anything in connection with Enter Sandman

Try this maybe it would work