PDA

View Full Version : 7 stringa and Shred fan are the same person!!!!!!!!!

Shane
01-20-2003, 12:12 AM
I can proove it too!!!!!!

Ugh, I will get to the bottom of this, look they have the exact same amount of posts, same avatar, virtually the same profile, registered on the same day!!

You can't hide from me !

EricV
01-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Uhmmm...
FIRST OF ALL, this thread has been moved since it not really does belong into "music theory".
Second of all, you are wrong. Shred Fan registered end of Dec., / Stringa registered in Oct.
Their IPīs are not identical either ( which is no prove, I know, cuz some providers give away dynamic IPs )
Third, what is the point ? I mean, why should anyone make up a hoax like that ?
Also, we have a limited amount of avatars, and there are several people using the same one...
And the "virtually identical profile"... well, both wrote pretty much nothing, other than they play guitar, so... )
If we figure out that those two guys are indeed actually only one person, what are we supposed to do ?

And fourth, please, no name-calling :) ( I deleted the word ). Even if you meant it to be a joke, itīs not really appropiate
Eric

Shred Fan
01-20-2003, 05:25 AM
Hahaha, comical indeed. Thanks for the backup Eric. And to confirm, no I am not 7-stringa.

I've noticed the same thing (same avatar etc.), and it was only two days ago I thought "geez with the same avatar and all I think maybe people will end up confusing us with each other".

Obviously I was right, and we have Shane Holmes on the case. I can see your point though , and take this as more of a joke than something serious.

I got better things to do (namely playing guitar) than to create dual identities on a board, and I'd imagine anyone who actually has nothing better to do would make it less obvious. Besides, if you look I usually reply to a some of stringas posts and we talk in different ways.

I take it Shane was joking around and yeah I can see the coincedence, seeming of the 25 or so regulars around here we both have the same avatar and post count etc. but it's all coincedence.

If it really matters that much I'll change my Avatar and profile.

Peace out people, stop the detective work and keep shredding.
-Shred Fan

EricV
01-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of a joke too, but you can never be sure. Itīs weird how easy it is to misunderstand people on the internet...
So I usually try to make clear that Iīm joking by putting one or even more smilies in there somewhere...
warm regards
eric

Shred Fan
01-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I guess it's always good to take what someone says with a good attitude because more often than not there is some kind of humor involved.

And to Eric / Guni / Any other mods....just curious, how many people in this forum are regulars?

ie. They post regularly every few days or so, usually I only see about 25-50 people that post often. Just curious to the amount of regulars we actually have.

7_stringa
01-20-2003, 12:30 PM
hey we r diff ppl

if u think im the same as anyone it would me "metallictheater" cuz dats my brother

but na man wats da point of having 2 ppl

n wat did he call me eric
i just wonderin

7_stringa
01-20-2003, 12:35 PM
Besides, if you look I usually reply to a some of stringas posts and we talk in different ways.

u rekon ne1 case talks 2 himself on da internet

dat b funny

and eric what do you have to doo to become a special kidna of member kinda thing?

Shane
01-20-2003, 04:10 PM
wow, I guess I look like the biggest dumbass in the world wide web now, but i deserve to.

Sorry guys, it was late and I was really bored, but it's no excuse to start stupid threads.

Shane Holmes just died :p

Bizarro
01-20-2003, 05:38 PM
I thought it was a joke... I got a good chuckle out of it either way!

I get misled by the avatars too. The fonts are really small on my PC, so sometimes I just look at the avatar and "guess" who it is. My contacts are usually dried out and crusty when I check ibreathe at night!

7_stringa, I have a very difficult time decoding your ibreathe messages. Are you using a pseudo-code based on some instant messaging program you use? I guess I'm getting too old to figure that stuff out!;) Just curious...

I try read into text messages using a positive attitude. Spoken language is infinitely more complex than just the words we're speaking. There is eye contact, gestures, inflections, facial expressions, and so on. Text doesn't convey those details very well (smileys help), so I always assume that the people here on ibreathe are friendly and helpful.:D

Shred Fan
01-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Hahah, yeah I guess it was a little funny, it's alright. I changed my avatar so to avoid to much confusion (though now people will probably think I'm Bizarro , I give up, we really need more available avatars).

Shred Fan
01-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Alrighty , got a new avatar. I like this little guy, he looks like he is doing sweep-picked arpeggios

7_stringa
01-21-2003, 12:02 AM
7_stringa, I have a very difficult time decoding your ibreathe messages. Are you using a pseudo-code based on some instant messaging program you use? I guess I'm getting too old to figure that stuff out! Just curious...

man i talk on msn so i guess it justs comes naturally when i type short cuts kinda thing

eg
ne1 = anyone
wen=when
dat = that

u just gotta sound it out

u = you

7_stringa
01-21-2003, 12:04 AM
shred fan
your avatar is mad

did you make it?
if you did can you make me one
or teach me how

Shred Fan
01-21-2003, 02:23 AM
Na, I didn't make it myself, I found it on a website , it's just an animated GIF file, and a very good one at that :)

7_stringa
01-21-2003, 03:26 AM
any more on that website??

Shred Fan
01-21-2003, 05:28 AM
Not that I recall, I think there may have been one more but it wasn't to good, or that could have been somewhere else.

But hey, we have to be careful, if you end up with an animated guy as an avatar people will get confused and Shane will go accusing us again of being the same person again :rolleyes: (just so you guys know, yes I am joking).

So sorry, can't help you out, but if you can find a gif or bmp (almost wrote bpm, to many long hours with the metronome i think) file thats smaller than 60x60 you can use it as your avatar.

I guess you could make your own in paint if you really wanted to. I'd imagine you need to find some kind of animated GIF maker program to make one like mine though.

Shred Fan
01-21-2003, 05:39 AM
"I get misled by the avatars too. The fonts are really small on my PC, so sometimes I just look at the avatar and "guess" who it is."

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but have you tried to adjust fonts to make it easier to read?

If you don't know how here's how to do it. In Internet Explorer, on the top menus where there is file..edit.etc. , go to view..text size and select your size. Hopefully this will save you by guessing avatars.

"I have a very difficult time decoding your ibreathe messages. Are you using a pseudo-code based on some instant messaging program you use? I guess I'm getting too old to figure that stuff out!;) Just curious..."

Haha, gave me a good laugh when I read that, decoding Psuedo messages, nice way to put it. But yeah it can be very confusing to some. I personally never understood the point in using all these abbreviation just so you can avoid typing one or two letters per word.....what -> wat , that ->dat , 2 - to, it just gets ridicoulus after a while.

"I try read into text messages using a positive attitude. Spoken language is infinitely more complex than just the words we're speaking. There is eye contact, gestures, inflections, facial expressions, and so on. Text doesn't convey those details very well (smileys help), so I always assume that the people here on ibreathe are friendly and helpful.:D"

Very true, it's hard to understand the intent in posts and more often than not we take it the wrong way. It's a good idea to put smilies in to indicate sarcasm and humor.

7_stringa
01-21-2003, 10:01 PM
fine ill type normally

hey shred
you wouldnt happen to live in sydney would you?

Shred Fan
01-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Nope sorry, I'm a fair way away from Sydney :)

7_stringa
01-21-2003, 10:36 PM
damm i need some one 1 jam with

no one ever jams with me - literally

n i was thinking since ur the same person as me mabye we might have the same interests kinda thing

Shred Fan
01-22-2003, 07:42 AM
n i was thinking since ur the same person as me mabye we might have the same interests kinda thing

Hahah, nice one. Ah well, I guess you'll meet people in time, doesn't your brother (metallictheatre) jam with you? There's your 24/7 person you can call on for a jam.

7_stringa
01-22-2003, 09:23 PM
well were both lead guitarists so our rhythms suck
and it never works

Shred Fan
01-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Hahah, Now is a good a time as any to work on your rhythm playing :)

That's the thing, a lot of people devote so much time to lead playing but I think you should also spend some time on rhythm playing.

7_stringa
01-22-2003, 09:35 PM
rhythm is soooo boring though

Shred Fan
01-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Yeah well, it's stuff you need to be able to do.

If music were all lead and no rhythm it would get dull quickly. Rhythm is very important regardless of how "boring" you may find it.

Yes, we all like to shred but there is more to guitar playing than playing nice and fast, you need to make music, and part of that is rhythm. Once you have the rhythm thats when the lead skills come to use. So I'm afraid you'll just need to work on it.

Schooligo
02-17-2003, 10:18 AM
my $.03 cents:

"Yes, we all like to shred but there is more to guitar playing than playing nice and fast, you need to make music, and part of that is rhythm. Once you have the rhythm thats when the lead skills come to use."

That is great advice!

IMHO 85% of the performance of a song will likely be rhythm, give or take 5%.
(in all musical styles-Rock, Blues, Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, etc.)

As an added incentive to master the instrument,
most of the Guitarists that we "respect the most"(I know this quote is subjective) are also very accomplished excellent & tasteful Rhythm guitarists.

2 that just came to mind are Eddie Van Halen, & Jimi Hendrix and there are a ton of other Guitarists as well!!

Why limit your possibility's to being "only" a lead Guitar player? :confused:

(that to me is like limiting yourself to the use of only 3 of the fingers of your left hand when you have 4 fingers of your left hand, by making a decision like that your are missing out on the 25% potential of that 4th finger digit.)

Why limit your Musical Potential? :confused:

Guni
02-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Actually, this is an important thought and I can only back that up big time. Being able to play a decent rhythm guitar may be excactly the niche for somone to get the foot in the door.

From my experience I can only say that producers, etc ... are 99% of their time looking for good rhythm guitar players. They do have 10 lead guitarists for evey style out there on their calling list - rhythm guitar is a different story...

To make a long story short: IMHO it certainly is a vital idea to invest some time with developing good rhythm guitar skills.

Guni

jkmcgrath
02-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Thats my delima now. I spent sooooo much time on scales and alternating picking, pull offs, hammer ons, tapping ect. that my playing ability is lop sided way to the lead side and my chordin really is embarrassing so I have decided I need to make me a schedule up so that I get equal amounts of time on each but for a bit I need to chord more and pick less lol. Not a ridgid one but say I have 20 hours a week as long as at the end it is equal then I will be happy I think ;)

Whats a good blend of a practice routine you guys follow?