PDA

View Full Version : iBreathe Articles: Fingerboard Patterns

Bongo Boy
01-25-2003, 03:01 PM
What are you folks using to create the fingerboard pattern graphics used, for example, in Eric's Pentatonic Madness article?

EricV
01-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Regarding the "Pentatonic Madness" article, you would have to ask Guni... he did those patterns back when I was writing an article about pentatonics for Guitar4U.com.
Mine looked different back then.

The other patterns that I put into my articles ( i.e. "Stretch Some More" or the upcoming one about 3NPS-patterns ) were created by opening the file below in Paint Shop Pro ( an old program, but it has some cool features ) and adding the dots with the spraycan-tool...

Eric

Guni
01-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Well, I'm still doing them on my Mac, with some ancient program called 'Claris Works' (now it's called Apple Works). :-)

I've set up templates and creating the pics is a breeze. Thus, I've never looked into a solution on my PC, although any graphics program should be able to do the job.

Guni

Bongo Boy
01-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Here's a fretboard section created using MS Excel. Hopefully with a little VB code I can get it to draw the circles by just tabulating the notes. :)

EricV
01-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Wow, that looks good, too... better than my patterns !
Cool
Eric

Bongo Boy
02-01-2003, 05:17 AM
I'll try to get it smaller. I'm thinking this is one of those things that beginners feel they need, but after putting in the work, it becomes less useful. A stepping-stone, so to speak, not a long-term tool needed by a musician. That's what I'm thinking.

jkmcgrath
02-17-2003, 07:26 PM
I like the freboard patterns. They help me study the pattern and learn it so I can move it where I need to for playing. Cuts my learning time fast!

Back before you could by tab paper I made my own along with blank fretboard patterns and took them to kinkos and had them copied and assembled into a tablet. Very handy when I was taking lessons or tabing out a song or patterning a fretboard pattern.