PDA

View Full Version : problem when transcribing a song..and tempo problem

Jeansen
10-27-2005, 02:47 PM
hello..it might be a boring question but i just wanna ask you guys..i've some problem
well..i've managed to transcribe some solo but here is the problem..i can't get the note values right...how do you know the value of the notes when you're transcribing a song ?

2) i'm quiet confuse with applying some note values in a right tempo....could you give me some suggestion to fix it? thx u :)

gersdal
10-27-2005, 10:31 PM
i've managed to transcribe some solo but here is the problem..i can't get the note values right...how do you know the value of the notes when you're transcribing a song ?
Usually, I'm not to concerned with note values. I'm not selling my transcrib's. I'm only using them to remember the solo for a while after transcribing, and the notes are usully sufficient. However, if I want it correct on note values, I have to do a lot of counting. 8th notes: 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and, 8th notes trippelet 1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4 and a (or tri-pe-let tri-pe-let, but that does not include the 1, 2, 3 and 4), etc. Play and count and check when you play each note. The rest is math... easy. When I think I'm correct, I write the thing into Power Tab or Finale, and listen .... and usually correct (count again).

Malcolm
11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
That is a universal problem with tab and fake chord, only real soultion I know of is to already be able to sing or hum the tune. Or of course write it in standard notation.

davidvanhalen
11-04-2005, 10:03 PM
probably the best thing you can do is try to think of al the rythmic combinations posible, and writ them out and practicinmg them until you get confortable, then whenever you hear one of those combinations it'll be easier, also if you are discovering the notes of the solo or song you are transcrabing with your guitar or any instrument, i recommend you stop and do it in your head with only your hears to help you out, belive me, it pays off big time.