PDA

View Full Version : Guni's Solfege Series

sarel_aiber
02-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi Guni :D

A couple of months ago (or maybe a bit more, can't remember exactly) I sent you some questions regarding chromatic solfege syllables, and you told me to wait a week or so until you post your 3rd article about solfege.

Have you decided to abandon this series? I sure hope not, as it's very valuable for musicianship, IMHO.

Just interested to know what the plans for the series are.

Thanks,
Sarel

Guni
02-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Hi Sarel,

Nope, I haven't abandoned the series at all. It just happened that there were / are some other important and somewhat unexpected things that needed my full attention. Hence the delay for part 3.

Another issue is that my soundcard died a few weeks ago and I didn't have the head to shop for a new one up to now - I don't wanna miss out on adding some recordings with my beautiful tenor :D :o

To make it short: I'm working on the series, it's just a bit delayed.

Thanks for checking up on this.

Soon,

Guni

sarel_aiber
02-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Cool, Guni :)

Just call me the watchdog of ear training and all related :D

Thanks,
Sarel

mattie
02-20-2003, 11:10 PM
I just want to give a compliment to the solfege articles.
I tried to sing a scale with that stuff along with a piano and didn't learn anything - until my sister came and sang it to me. Than I realized that trying to sing the same pitch I play with the piano is just like tuning a guitar (for example). It took me almost 20 years to realize that. ;-)
Anyway, with that in mind the solfege practice is real fun (although it's difficult).

c ya
Mattie

Guni
02-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks a lot mattie - glad it is helpful.

Guni