PDA

View Full Version : Need solo or chords to acompony riff

dreddy2
11-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I made created some jazz-like riffs but can't seem to create anything to go along with it. i tried to build chords using the bass as root, but it didn't sound good. can someone help :confused: ?
------------------------
feel free to rearrange notes, tempo, or whatever

dreddy2
11-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I think rhythm is the most difficult aspect. when you have multiple instruments
should you keep the rhythm parts different?

p.s
use this file instead, it's the same thing but it may be easier to work with

widdly widdly
11-24-2005, 12:26 AM
I would transpose the melody up an octave or two. I think because your melody is so low it will be difficult to fit with the chords.

Choose some chords which fit your melody. So in this case it looks like C maj so you could use Cmaj7. An Emin would work of the first part too. A Gmaj7 would work over the middle since it has an F#.

Also playing in 15/16 is going to be tricky unless your going for a mahavishnu feel. I'd pop a semi-quaver rest in there somewhere.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

dreddy2
11-24-2005, 05:52 PM
sorry, i didn't make it very clear: i worked out the riff so as to function like a bass. If I needed another instrument to go along with it the riff. So its basicly trying to have 2 instruments work in harmony.

i agree with the 15/16 time signature, i changed it to 4/4 and added a "g" at the end of part A.