PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere over "my head"..

phantom
12-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey iBreathers!

Who of those strong warriors of music is kind and brave enough to help me with an analyzation here!?

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Judy Garland

is the task and preferably in the arrangement i attached below.
It has some nice and strange chords and subs and i would really appreciate any help with that. :)

Yours,
x-phantomas

UKRuss
12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Whoa Sven that is great with all the open strings!

As for analysis...if its over your head, its waaaaay over mine. Sorry.

phantom
12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
A real Jawdropper attached below. Same song different..erm.. universe.
I don't dare to touch that one.. so i postet it just for everybodies little christmas amusement. :D

Yeah Russ that first version is nice isn't it.. i thought i give it a try, and it would even feel better if i knew what i was doing. ;)
So if someone can figure out the few strange chords and the function/movement i'll be happy. I mean.. i can name those chords but i guess there are people out there who are able to see it in a way that would make more sense.

ashc
12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Tommy Emmanuel has 4 hands - it's a fact !

UKRuss
12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Good lord! That Emmanuel version is insane!

jade_bodhi
12-14-2005, 08:35 PM
A real Jawdropper attached below. Same song different..erm.. universe.
I don't dare to touch that one.. so i postet it just for everybodies little christmas amusement. :D

Yeah Russ that first version is nice isn't it.. i thought i give it a try, and it would even feel better if i knew what i was doing. ;)
So if someone can figure out the few strange chords and the function/movement i'll be happy. I mean.. i can name those chords but i guess there are people out there who are able to see it in a way that would make more sense.

What software do I need to open up the Emmanuel attachment. I'm a Mac user. Thanks.

JB

phantom
12-15-2005, 07:37 AM
jade_bodhi,
the prg to open and play these files is powertab.
Download here (http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php).
But i'm afraid it is only for windows-machines. :(
I don't know a way to convert the file either.
sorry dude...

So.. anybody out there willing to give a try on the first attached ptab?
You don't need to analyze the whole thing.. if you manage to give some thoughts to a few parts it would be cool enough.
Thanks!

Zatz
12-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Sven, I'm in ;)

Tomorrow will hopefully be lil bit less maniac for me and I'll give it a try cos the tab looks really intriguing.