Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Perpetual Motion once again

Perpetual Motion once again

Since we talked about Paganiniīs Perpetual Motion / Moto Perpetuo a while ago, I really recommend to go to Marshallīs website and check out the video of his version of it.
    Itīs a pretty big download, but well worth the wait. Not only is it an arrangement of the full piece ( for the article, I only transcribed the first part... the "Y.R.O." segment ), itīs also a really cool arrangement.
    So go check it out, guys !

Itīs http://www.marshallharrison.com

Eric

PS: Thereīs a lot of other neat stuff at that site, too, so take your time there.

OMG

Yeah. Thatīs what I said

Check out some of the other vids and audio, too !
    Eric

absolutely insane... he must have long fingers if he can play that stuff standing up. Those intervals in his examples are huge.
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

OMG indeed!

The dude is amazing. How freakin' long must he have worked on that Perpetual Motion to get it right (of course he may have made 20 mistakes in the video and I never would have known it). An interesting thing was... that video seems to have inspired me. Usually when I have watched something like that, I do the ol' comparison thing, and think like, "Man I play like sh**." For some reason, it didn't have that effect on me this time. It sorta made me think that this stuff I've been playing is not as hard as I'd been making it out to be.

I watched it early in the evening yesterday. I have had a lot of confidence in my playing last night and tonight. I have many fewer mistakes than usual, and have really been juiced about playing. Weird!

Hey Danster,

I think thatīs great. Itīs a good thing to get inspired by seeing and hearing others play really well.
    I had the same thing going on ( the depreeion-thingy ), but later I simply said "Wow, I wanna be able to do that, so letīs work on it".
    These days, whenever I watch something, I try to take it as a motivation and inspiration...
    Eric