Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Hey guys, Power Tabs made a cool new addition to their program!!!

Hey guys, Power Tabs made a cool new addition to their program!!!

Check it out, It's called the power tab Librarian. You tell it what folders all your PTB, files are in and then it separates them by artist album, song, all kinds of cool stuff. So instead of searching forever trying to find a misplaced file you can find it right there on the screen.

Some of you may already know about this but I just found out. It is just beta but I've been using it for a couple of weeks and havenít had any problems!

Here's some links

http://www.power-tab.net/ (This one goes straight to the power-tabs website)

http://www.power-tab.net/area51.php (This one takes you to the download page for the Librarian)

Ohh, and also good news in case SOMEONE doesnít know yet, you can use powertabs again as long as you get a Username/Password. No fee's or anything.

Later,
    Ryan

quote: Ohh, and also good news in case SOMEONE doesnít know yet, you can use powertabs again as long as you get a Username/Password. No fee's or anything.

Is that so they can collect all of the names of the people to take to court?

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashc
    quote: Ohh, and also good news in case SOMEONE doesnít know yet, you can use powertabs again as long as you get a Username/Password. No fee's or anything.

Is that so they can collect all of the names of the people to take to court?
    I say Ash, that's a bit 'Cospiracy Theory' and all that!!
    It's also that exact reason why I haven't done it yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carvinite
    Ohh, and also good news in case SOMEONE doesnít know yet, you can use powertabs again as long as you get a Username/Password. No fee's or anything.

Later,
    Ryan
    What, exactly, do you mean by "USE" again? I never stopped using the program for my stuff, I just can't find any PowerTab source files anymore. (Anyone have a good PowerTab for the lead guitar in Hotel California (preferably the accoustic version)?)
    "It ain't what you play man! Its how you play it."
    www.soundclick.com/kenvarieur

They are talking about the fact that lots of powertab files were yanked offline for fear of prosecution on the basis of copyright infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRuss
    They are talking about the fact that lots of powertab files were yanked offline for fear of prosecution on the basis of copyright infringement.
    Yeah, I knew that. But what does he mean you can "use it again"? Are there now PowerTab files online somewhere? If so, I can't find them.

www.powertabs.net
    Tabs are available again there. You need to register a ( free ) account now to download them.
    Well, the Powertab Archive is back. While you canīt download most TABs from www.mysongbook.com anymore. Or so I hear. I was told you can only download TABs from original songs by users there now.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricV
    www.powertabs.net
    Tabs are available again there. You need to register a ( free ) account now to download them.
    Eric
    Thanks Eric, your link does take me to where I can create an account and/or download files. The one above (http://www.power-tab.net/) is related more to the PowerTab program itself. I couldn't find any mention of tabs, except for one of why they no longer have tabs, and I also didn't see any mention of creating an account there. (Of course I'm old, and my eyesight isn't what it used to be.)

Anyway, this is all good news to me.

Thanks Carv for bringing it my attention.

Ken

Ohh, man, the link I was givin wasnt to the place to get the PTB files, it was just for the program it's self. But yea, NP. Anyway, Ashc & mattblack, lol, the day I get carried away for downloading tablature is the day i renounce al my possesions and become a male prostitute. SO, I really really really hope that never happens. All I did though was, I got a new e-mail @ yahoo, and gave them fake info, if they wanna take the time to track down my IP address, more power to 'em .