Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: New Eric Johnson album ?

New Eric Johnson album ?

Hey guys,

I visited the Eric Johnson website ( http://www.ericjohnson.com ). I havenīt been there in months, and I was very surprised to read that he released a new album in January.
    Itīs called "Souvenir", and itīs supposed to bridge the time till the next "real" album... "Souvenir" seems to be a collection of older, unreleased stuff.
    Itīs available at mp3.com ( I think itīs not being sold in stores... correct me if you know other sources ).

Anyway, did anyone here hear it yet ? I am a big fan of EJ, heīs been a hige influence, and Iīd like to hear what the album is like... I heard two short soundfiles at mp3.com, but the sound-quality ainīt that great there... also, those were just 2 excerpts, so Iīd like to know what the rest sounds like...
    Eric

It's pretty cool album, alot of acoustic stuff. Nothing really ground breaking as these are some tracks that didn't get selected for his studio releases. I'm so used to being floored by EJ with each album release, I guess this one just didn't really wow me like ALL of the songs on ALL of the others. Still a good buy for an EJ fan.

I wonder when will that album be released here in Asia. I'm also a fan of EJ. I love this guy's clean settings. Does anybody here know EJ's rig?

Quote Originally Posted by coolmark
    I wonder when will that album be released here in Asia. I'm also a fan of EJ. I love this guy's clean settings. Does anybody here know EJ's rig?
    Does this help? (EJ website gear.)
    http://www.ericjohnson.com/flash/amps.html
    "It ain't what you play man! Its how you play it."
    www.soundclick.com/kenvarieur