Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Bach Suite No1 in G major (prelude)

Hybrid View

Mod

Bach Suite No1 in G major (prelude)

the whole piece is beautiful, but especially this is just so special. Bach was a genius. Thoughts???

Did I say that out loud ? joeyd929's Avatar

Bach

Bach was a genius... He was like this local organist at a church in Germany and word spread. Everyone that came through would try to get lessons and at least hear him and see his works.

He had lots of children so we know he did alot more than play organ..I think Bach music is alot like jazz in the structure and movement of falling 5ths in some of his music is similar to jazz in that respect.. OR should I say that jazz has borrowed many of the concepts that Bach pretty much put into motion..
    Joey D

I am not very nice DemonSorcerer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd929
    Bach was a genius... He was like this local organist at a church in Germany and word spread. Everyone that came through would try to get lessons and at least hear him and see his works.

He had lots of children so we know he did alot more than play organ..I think Bach music is alot like jazz in the structure and movement of falling 5ths in some of his music is similar to jazz in that respect.. OR should I say that jazz has borrowed many of the concepts that Bach pretty much put into motion..
    Review your music history material, dude...Bach's family (including himself) were all prestigious musicians and usually had positions in the government's houses and stuff...the word "kapellmeister" is much more appealing than is apparently simple translation, believe it or not...again, dude...review your material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Sebastian_Bach

Having said that, Bach's music was simply divine...i'd spend hours and hours talking about J.S. Bach's work, but, unfortunately, i don't have the time for that...already got a job in an ad agency and gotta go right now...maybe later.

David
    Last edited by DemonSorcerer; 10-23-2006 at 06:27 PM.

Did I say that out loud ? joeyd929's Avatar

Thanx

Thanx for the clarification. Do you like Beethoven at all?
    Joey D

I am not very nice DemonSorcerer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd929
    Thanx for the clarification. Do you like Beethoven at all?
    Nop....i'm very picky with classical music...i love baroque music...and some romantic composers...plus...i only like keyboard and stringed instruments music...no piano music for me, please...

David

Mod
    beethoven is awesome, symphonies you can't get any better in my opinion