Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New song, I have a question about it..

Right, I'd leave it 5 years, just so he's totally forgotten, and then surprise him with a baseball bat! (joking).

Dude Russ!!! I Wanna Hear The Hip Hop Version!!! Do It!!

icey_cold666
    Are you serious? I gotta wait five years.. well i'm sure it'll be satisfying at the time! Haha, seriously, so do the hip-hop version! That'd be hilarious.. and yes, he does deserve it.. well a lot worse but i'm sure this is a start
    icey_cold666 <3

okey dokey, I'll get on it!

ps. Ryan, thanks for the kind words re: Stoned. My friend Mat who sings has been singing for a good 15 years now but i wanted to mention, he really didn't start off with a great voice but over time he has really focused on his breathing and of course melody. i think it now works very well, he'll never have one of those "wow! Who is that?" kind of voices but for an amateur band it works fine, he is in tune, sings great harmonies and writes a good lyric with a good melody.

Check out his own website for more of the same, some of which I am playing guitar on, www.soundclick.com/roughcutuk.

I liked yout track and i particularly liked the emotion in the singing, but as above I think you need to focus on the core tools of singing, like breathing and generating the power, as well as hanging it on a defined melody.

Try to seperate the singing from the guitar playing too, so write the guitar part or have the progression down and record it but then sing sperately working it as a compliment so that one doesn't take over the other.
    Last edited by UKRuss; 11-20-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks russ, I know my singing is gonna take some time, but Im a very impatient individual.....And I know I needed to track the guitars first, but with my equipment I can't really do that...anyway man, later