Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Chords?

Chords?

I need help on how to finger these chords:

Dsus4/F# (also, what does the slash (/) mean?)
    G/F#
    G/F
    Em7
    /F#
    Bm

Pictures of the finger position would be great.
    Thank you.

Click here for a generator that has slash chords. If my memory is correct I think it is the only one I've found that shows slash chords.

Slash chords are just chords with a bass note added after the slash. For example:

Em7/F# is not listed on that generator, however, call up the Em7 chord and then look around your fretboard for the F# note on a bass string -- like the 6th string 2nd fret --add it to the other notes and you have the Em7/F# chord.

Dsus4/F# is not shown but call up the Dsus4 and then look around your fretboard for a bass F# note. Going to have to mute the 5th string to pull this one off.

The other chords are listed on that generator.

The answers you got on the other forum are good and go into a lot of detail, however, I don't think anyone gave you the address to a generator. You might want to bookmark this generator. Everyone needs a good chord/scale generator in their bag of tricks.
    Last edited by Malcolm; 02-10-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Thank you Malcolm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm
    Click here for a generator that has slash chords. If my memory is correct I think it is the only one I've found that shows slash chords.

Slash chords are just chords with a bass note added after the slash. For example:

Em7/F# is not listed on that generator, however, call up the Em7 chord and then look around your fretboard for the F# note on a bass string -- like the 6th string 2nd fret --add it to the other notes and you have the Em7/F# chord.

Dsus4/F# is not shown but call up the Dsus4 and then look around your fretboard for a bass F# note. Going to have to mute the 5th string to pull this one off.

The other chords are listed on that generator.

The answers you got on the other forum are good and go into a lot of detail, however, I don't think anyone gave you the address to a generator. You might want to bookmark this generator. Everyone needs a good chord/scale generator in their bag of tricks.