Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: composing plus harmony, rhythm and melody for blues and rock plus samba and bossa nov

composing plus harmony, rhythm and melody for blues and rock plus samba and bossa nov

hi guys, I would like to ask you for help. Can you recommend any sources - books , articles that could help me to learn about the harmony , melody and principles of composing in blues and rock genres ? I know theory more or less but I need materials dealing with those two genres on deeper level.

I am also interested in samba and bossa nova genres. Well, I am looking for a course that includes beginner, intermediate and advanced level . I know that bossa nova and samba use complicated harmony that is present in jazz but I am not that much into jazz but like latin music a lot. Do you think there is a course that teaches people how to play bossa nova or samba from beginner level and advances further ?

Please, if you have any data, just write responds

thanks
    rafal

You are asking for quite a lot. Suggest you take it one at a time and let Google take you to some sources.

Narrow down your request and I bet you will get some answers.

If you have a good grip on music theory then I suggest you buy some Jamie Abersold books/cd packs. he has several based on the blues 'blues in all keys' 'nothin but blues' to name a couple. Just analyse the charts, get used to the different permutations on chord progressions.

Other than that, there are many books on amazon and other retailers.

And yes, narrow your question down a bit if you want more focused responses here.