Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Loud volumes make me dizzy and nauseous!

fan of the G string curiousgeorge's Avatar

Loud volumes make me dizzy and nauseous!

Don't know why, but I never had this as a kid...Just experience this at loud open jams and at concerts...whenever the sound pressure is too high, I just can't take it...Is it because I'm gettin old? (I'm only 31!!)
    Karma Chameleon...You come and go...You come and go, oh..........MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!

No you are not getting old (31 is not old!). The sound pressure level is high enough where it is affecting your inner ear, causing the dizziness and nausea. This is the same biological mechanism that causes motion sickness. Either use earplugs, leave, or move to a location where the sound is less intense. Continuing to subject yourself to sounds this loud on a regular basis is a recipe for hearing loss and permanent tinnitus (ringing in the ears). If you are playing, try to position yourself so that you are not directly in front of a speaker cabinet.