Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me find SAD/DEPRESSING SONGS!!!!!

Question Help me find SAD/DEPRESSING SONGS!!!!!

SAD SONGS: DEPRESSING SONGS: MISERABLE SONGS!!!!!

I have a mission, I absoultely love sad or depressing songs, the type of songs that make u cry, and I'd like to compile a list of all the sad songs i can possibaly find! To do this i'm gonna need some help, so thats why i'm here, if you have a/some sad songs to suggest, Please post them, I'd be glad to investigate. SO PLEASE POST ANY SAD/DEPRESSING SONGS HERE!!! Thankyou.

The song by Sheryl Crow from the X Files soundtrack is sad. Well, I haven't heard it in about 6 years, and I was going through a really rough time when I listened to it, but I thought it was depressing back then.

anything by radiohead or coldplay.

Coldplay is more sad, but slightly up lifting; Radiohead is wonderfully depressing. For radiohead I recommend anything on the cds: "the Bends" "Ok Computer" "Kid A" and "Amnesiac". Their new album is fabulous, however, slightly up lifting.

Probably the most depressing song might be "Motion Picture Soundtrack" (download the video... it really helps" or maybe "Street Spirit"; both of those are by radiohead

Mod
    just about anything by staind

Well, you probably mean downtempo sad songs... but there's also angry raving depressed... Ian Curtis of Joy Divsion killed himself (by hanging) in the family kitchen two days before the band's first american tour was to begin.

The whole album "Still" is amazing. This very lo-fi mono mp3 of Dead Souls, does not do justice to the song or to Curtis' voice... but even so, some of the power comes thru -- live, he was rawer yet.

[URL=http://joydivision.homestead.com/files/still-dead_souls.mp3]"Dead Souls" -- The Album "Still" Joy Division (with Ian Curtis) --

ummm.. try Type O Negative's albums October Rust and World Comming Down.. just about all of the tracks on those two except for two or three are sad depressing (but perhaps a little tounge in cheek as well)..

if you're into the whole goth thing try out Theatre of Tragedy..

BUT! if you want the most sad, depressing, despair ridden music of all then I recommend old time bluegrass.. everyone in those old songs is being hanged, thrown in rivers, or generally killed by moonstruck lovers.. you know, all that happy stuff..

Wyll

Talking Thx, Keep em coming

Well thx everyone thats posted so far, I'll make sure i check all those out, in the mean while,keep um coming!

oh, I almost forgot.. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.. check out the album Murder Ballads...

Wyll

Anything by Staind, and NIN. I dare you not to take your life after a full sitting by one of them.

Metallica's new album is depressing for other reasons.

Old "The Cure", and some of the more gothic "Dead Can Dance" stuff.

For metal, "My Dying Bride" or the first "Cathedral" cd (It's so slow)

Rodriguez - "A most disgusting song"
    (track 1 from the album "Live Fact")

Some truths in there about people that I'm sure a lot of folks here could relate to from playing a lot of different venues... pretty depressing tho...

Clive

Registered User Abraham Lincoln's Avatar
    Check out Woody Guthrie's "I ain't got no Home".

Nick Drake

Sad, you say? Try listening to some Nick Drake.

--
    George

SIGUR ROS

Anything by them.
    If you love sad/depressing music (I do), you will love them.

The NIN song "hurt" covered by Johnny Cash is very sad, check out the video( i saw it in mp4.com), it makes it even sadder.
    Placebo also ealy gets me down, I can't listen through the album "without you i am nothing". For some reason I find Type 0 negative funny, not sad.