Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: New demo with my band!

New demo with my band!

Hello, my band has just put up a new demo on myspace. Please listen to it and say what you think about the songs! I play guitar and I'm also doing some backup vocals.
    http://www.myspace.com/brownstoneuppsala

Which one is the new one?
    Is Clive a tribute to Clive Burr? It has a "Two Minutes to Midnight" feel to it (especially the opening riff)
    You guys sound pretty tight as a band. The recordings are good quality as well.
    Some of the solo's are just a little out of time, (just some constructive criticism here) but the rhythm work is pretty solid. The guitars have a nice crunch to them! I hear lots of NWOBHM influences.
    How did you record the band?

Thank you for replying, all songs are new. Recorded at the lead singers home. We all play solos, I play solo on Mr Marshall (the wahwah solo and also the octave solo), on Back Out I play the intro solo with wahwah, on Clive I play the last outro solo and on Give it away I play the fast solo. My solo on Give it away is a bit out of time I think I should have given it some more time to really nail it.

Clive is not a tribute to Clive Burr, But Clive Burr is awesome! We recorded on a computer with a sound card and mixer. And miced the guitars with a condesator mic the singer sang on the same mic. The drums are adactive drummer and we used Cubase as the recording software.
    Last edited by Agno; 11-12-2008 at 12:32 AM.