Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: ear training on iPhone?

Question ear training on iPhone?

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and hope that my question is relevant, acceptable.

Does anyone know of any ear training software that runs on the iPhone/iPod Touch besides Karajan?

I would be interested in your thoughts about the value of such an application. I'm thinking it would be quite useful for musicians who ride the bus or ever find themselves with a few minutes of idle time, and would appreciate the opportunity to do a bit of ear training on their iPhone/iPod Touch that they carry around with them everywhere. Just plug in headphones and away you go ...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Kind regards,

Tim

I do need to hum / sing to figure out the intervals, I would not like to do that on a bus ... , but, yes, anything that is helpfull for ear training is good.

ear training on iPhone?

Thanks gersdal!

Registered User AustinGuitarist's Avatar
    I haven't found one besides Karajan. At first the program was intimidating but trial and err have proven it works for me

Seems to me Karajan is the best one around. I was lucky to get it on sale for half a price just at time I found it

Is there anything particular you do not like about it?

im gonna try that out i definitely need to train my ear better and HOW PERFECT i have an iphone!
    RIP MJ, you will be missed
    "It's times like these we learn to love again"
    umgd

ET the Ear Trainer for iPhone

Hi all,

I am learning how to play guitar, and would like to improve my ear as well. So, I decided to make my own iPhone app!

It's very simple for now, and only works with major scales. I hope you guys like it:
    http://www.squarepoet.com/a/et

Please try it out and let me know what you think. I'd love to add new features based on people's feedback.

Best,
    Ron

Hey, Check out the app "Relative Pitch" which trains you to recognize intervals. I've had personal experience with it and find it to be pretty good. Also the app "Ear For Life" attempts to train perfect pitch. That ones pretty good as well, but I'd go with "Relative Pitch".

Good Luck,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by RyanzGuitarz View Post
    Hey, Check out the app "Relative Pitch" which trains you to recognize intervals. I've had personal experience with it and find it to be pretty good. Also the app "Ear For Life" attempts to train perfect pitch. That ones pretty good as well, but I'd go with "Relative Pitch".

Good Luck,
    Ryan
    There is a new program from the makers of Relative Pitch (almost positive it is anyway) that is called Triad Tutor that works with major/minor/aug/dim ear training.

You might want to check out Tenuto by musictheory.net at http://tenutoapp.com/ . Three of the 12 exercises focus on ear training (intervals, scales, and chords).

Full disclosure: I'm the developer, so I'm a bit biased That said, Ron's ET program is pretty awesome as well (cute graphics!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim from Canada View Post
    Does anyone know of any ear training software that runs on the iPhone/iPod Touch besides Karajan?

Tim
    Hi,
    I just released an ear training game for working on chord recognition skills on the PC/Mac and iPad.

There's demo downloads you can try for free at Chordskilz website if you feel like trying it out. I'd love to get your feedback if you do!

Unfortunately it's iOS iPad only due to the expereince not being optimal on the iPhone/iTouch.

Have fun!
    sv

Songsolatido

With Songsolatido you will learn to read music notes. Songsolatido has got ten levels, from beginner to professional.
    See www.absolatido.com/songsolatido

itunes.apple.com
    Last edited by how2readmusic; 12-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Here is nice app for associating intervals with popular songs: https://t.co/4CvGT5zy