Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Variations On A Theme

Question Variations On A Theme

Not sure if this is the right heading to put this under, but I am new here. I am looking for a CD called Variations On A Theme Red House. It was available several years ago at guitar shops. There was a songbook that kind of goes along with it. I have that, and am looking for the CD. The cd is 7 recordings of Jimi playing Red House. The songbook has tabs and a critique like review of 3 of the recordings. Interested in where I can get this cd or a copy of it. Please email if you have any suggestions.
    massage4par@knology.net
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Only sheet music!

Thanks for the message & link, but I am looking for the cd or cassette. This is the sheet music. Any other ideas?
    Lisa

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...d/9099/60.html

It sounds like you need to contact Hal Leonard Publishing,
    or find six versions of the red house on different Hendrix releases.

I can account for four that I have had on vinyl.

Central Scrutinizer

don't know if this helps

VARIATIONS ON A THEME: RED HOUSE
    Released by:
    Hal Leonard/CD (USA) HL00660040, HL00699358

Red House
    Red House
    Electric Church / Red House
    Red House
    Red House
    Red House
    Red House (john lee hooker)

1: [L299] live, Berkeley Community Theatre, 5/30/70, 1st show, with Billy Cox (b) and Mitch Mitchell (d)
    2: [L178] live, New York Pop, Randall's Island, 7/17/70, with Billy Cox (b) and Mitch Mitchell (d)
    3: [S300] TTG Studios, 10/29/68, with Noel Redding (b), Mitch Mitchell (d), and Lee Michaels (or)
    4: [L301] live, Los Angeles Forum, 4/26/69, with Noel Redding (b) and Mitch Mitchell (d)
    5: [L302] live, Royal Albert Hall, 2/24/69, with Noel Redding (b) and Mitch Mitchell (d)
    6: [L303] live, Winterland, 10/10/68, 1st show, with Noel Redding (b) and Mitch Mitchell (d)
    7: no Jimi involvement
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is usually the correct one." William of Occam

Thanks!

Every little bit helps! Looks like I a gonna try to get the individual recordings at this point. But will still be on the lookout for the original CD!
    Thanks for your help!
    Lisa