Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Eric Johnson

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    478

    Eric Johnson

    Anyone ever heard of Eric Johnson? I love his style of music. For he definitely has real taste as a guitar player and this video I heard him talk about melody harmony and rhythm which I never heard before. Now I'm hooked on Jonathan Dubose Jr., Terence Young, and Eric Johnson. Check them out on youtube.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYTG...eature=related

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    478

    What are the some of the things you learned from your favorite...

    He is good

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    646
    Sure, a great player who lives here in Austin - known for being fanatical about his tone and the gear he uses to achieve it (famously down to the batteries in his stompboxes) - when I've seen him I thought he was at his best when he just got down into a rocking Hendrix type mode.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by walternewton View Post
    Sure, a great player who lives here in Austin - known for being fanatical about his tone and the gear he uses to achieve it (famously down to the batteries in his stompboxes) - when I've seen him I thought he was at his best when he just got down into a rocking Hendrix type mode.
    What effects is he using in the video for it sounds good?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by dwest2419 View Post
    What effects is he using in the video for it sounds good?
    You might find this video interesting

    http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/2...c_Johnson.aspx

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by walternewton View Post
    You might find this video interesting

    http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/2...c_Johnson.aspx
    Thanks for the website. Awesome find, man! I want to know does he uses a chorus pedal. I heard he uses a tc something pedal I couldnt remember that pedal name. Thanks anyway, though.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    646
    He has a TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger pedal you can see to the left of center on his board, he mentions it around 3:20 (don't think that buying a bunch of expensive gear is going to automatically make you sound like him though!)
    Last edited by walternewton; 07-19-2012 at 04:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by walternewton View Post
    He has a TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger pedal you can see to the left of center on his board, he mentions it around 3:20 (don't think that buying a bunch of expensive gear is going to automatically make you sound like him though!)
    I saw how much the tc cost and its almost $300 dollars. I rather get a boss flanger and chorus pedal.

Similar Threads

  1. Eric Clapton
    By musicworld in forum Music Theory
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 07:15 AM
  2. Eric Johnson - Dusty tab
    By J4mmy in forum iBreathe Cafe
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 11:16 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. Eric Johnson Chordal Technique
    By AcousticShred in forum Guitar Technique
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 11:41 AM
  5. New Eric Johnson album ?
    By EricV in forum iBreathe Cafe
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •